Microsoft launches Windows 7 in IndiaOctober 22nd, 2009 - 7:57 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 22 (ANI): World’s leading IT major, Microsoft Corporation, today launched its latest computing operating system Windows 7 here.
With this unveiling, Microsoft in its most important release for more than a decade has aimed to win back customers after the disappointing Vista and strengthen its grip on the PC market.
The new system which assures of being faster, less cluttered and has new touch-screen features, comes almost three years after the launch of Vista, whose complexity frustrated many home users and turned off business customers.
Microsoft announced that Windows 7 would be available for Indian customers in the PC market.
With features like Aero, Shake, Peek, Snap, Jump Lists and a redesigned Windows Taskbar, the Windows 7 is designed to make photos, music, movies and videos function in a much easier way.
Further, new features like HomeGroup, Play To, Windows Live Movie Maker and Remote Media Streaming in Windows 7 will help consumers to get new things done with their PC.
Announcing the Windows 7 launch, Ravi Venkatesan, Chairman of Microsoft India termed the new operating system as a massive wave of innovation from Microsoft.
“Although this is a big deal for the industry, Windows 7 actually is a part of massive wave of innovation which is manifested as a whole array of new products and new services from Microsoft,” said Venkatesan.
Windows 7 is available in six editions. The two primary editions are Windows 7 Home Premium for home consumers and Windows 7 Professional for small and medium sized businesses.
Windows 7 is available at more than 45,000 retailers around the world and in India.
The world’s largest software company, which powers more than 90 percent of personal computers, has received good reviews for the new operating system, which it hopes will grab back the impetus in new technology from rivals Apple Inc and Google Inc. (ANI)
- Microsoft launches Windows 7 in India - Oct 22, 2009
- Microsoft reports first loss in 26 years - Jul 20, 2012
- Windows 8 heads to computer manufacturers - Aug 02, 2012
- Microsoft releases Windows 8 Consumer Preview - Mar 01, 2012
- Acer unveils dual-screen laptop - Nov 25, 2010
- Court acts on Microsoft plea on software piracy - Jun 16, 2012
- Windows 7's real shipping date revealed - Jun 03, 2009
- Windows Phone 7.5 launched in India - Oct 12, 2011
- Almost all good news: 100 days of Windows 7 - Feb 07, 2010
- Zune PC software likely to become Windows Phone 7's iTunes - Sep 21, 2010
- Spreading awareness about tech innovations the Microsoft way - Feb 10, 2012
- Windows 8 for PCs, tablets next year - May 24, 2011
- Microsoft expects 50% of new PCs to have Windows 7 - Nov 09, 2009
- Why '7' could be Microsoft's lucky number (Comment) - Oct 22, 2009
- HP unveils tablet - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: business customers, chairman of microsoft, google, google inc, home consumers, home users, impetus, indian customers, largest software, launch, massive wave, medium sized businesses, microsoft corporation, microsoft india, movie maker, personal computers, photos music, software company, system windows, touch screen