Michael Phelps makes $100,000 just for swimming at showbiz partyOctober 29th, 2008 - 12:56 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, October 29 (ANI): Golden Olympian Michael Phelps is said to have made 100,000 dollars just for appearing at a showbiz party, and swimming some laps.
The ace swimmer, who won eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics, was reportedly offered 156,000 dollars cash in Aussie money to show his prowess in the pool at a posh bash for the wife of a TV network boss in Los Angeles.
A New York Post report suggests that the 23-year-old accepted the offer, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Phelps has been on a fast track to riches since the Beijing Games, with endorsements, TV gigs and more.
Many estimate him as heading up to 30 million dollars. (ANI)
- Olympics: Michael Phelps bids farewell - Aug 05, 2012
- Phelps, Lochte showdown in 200m medley - Aug 02, 2012
- Phelps guns for Thorpe, wants to reverse result of 2004 Athens Games - Feb 13, 2011
- Phelps becomes history's most medaled Olympian (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Late burst gives Phelps 100m butterfly gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Michael Phelps surrounded by bikini-clad girls at Las Vegas pool party - Apr 19, 2011
- Michael Phelps getting $1M to endorse Mazda in China - Jan 06, 2009
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympics: Phelps misses out on gold, but claims record - Aug 01, 2012
- Phelps reveals future: Working with kids and swimming with sharks - Aug 06, 2012
- National Games: Manipur boy helps Jharkhand win aquatics gold - Feb 16, 2011
- Canada hopes to finish among top 12 in London - May 30, 2012
- Phelps confirms retirement after London Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- Phelps to swim 400m medley at US trials - Jun 25, 2012
- Thorpe's Olympics bid fails at Australian trials - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: 30 million, ace, beijing olympics, boss, daily telegraph, endorsements, fast track, gigs, gold medals, laps, melbourne, michael phelps, million dollars, new york post, olympics, prowess, report suggests that, showbiz, swimmer, tv network