Merkel for cooperation in medium-scale enterprises with IndiaNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:06 am ICT by admin
German companies, who are planning to set up their businesses here, will soon be establishing a vocational training centre for Indian manpower.
“Germany has enormous experience and local knowledge of development cooperation,” Merkel said.
She said that scientific research is required for further development of India and Germany and called upon the need to identify younger talent.
Stating that Germany is keen to broaden its relationship with India, particularly in the areas of infrastructure, military cooperation and development of financial institutes, Merkel said that her country is willing to assist New Delhi with technology and investment to jointly foster clean energy solutions.
She said that her country is willing to cooperate with India for successful completion of the Doha Round and balance the issues related to agricultural subsidies, services and intellectual property rights. (ANI)
- India, Germany to discuss IMF reforms, defence deal - May 30, 2011
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- Pakistan should know that terrorism is not a means to an end: Merkel - Dec 12, 2010
- No trust deficit between India, Germany on high technology transfer: Merkel - Dec 12, 2010
- India one of the powerhouses of world economy says German Minister - Sep 25, 2010
- India, Germany talk terror, UN reforms and trade (Roundup) - May 31, 2011
- Germany, Canada to conduct joint ocean research - Aug 18, 2012
- India, Germany to combat terror, discuss AfPak situation - May 31, 2011
- Iran's 'no' delays Merkel trip to India (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- Relax export control laws, India tells Germany - Dec 12, 2010
- 'We want to ensure that 26/11 is not repeated,' says Merkel - Dec 12, 2010
- Did Iran deny passage to Merkel's plane? - May 31, 2011
- India, Germany ink 4 pacts, to push UN reforms - May 31, 2011
- German Chancellor Merkel to visit India next year - Dec 12, 2010
- First Indo-German strategic dialogue during Merkel visit - May 27, 2011
Tags: agricultural subsidies, business leaders, clean energy, development cooperation, doha, energy solutions, enormous experience, financial institutes, further development, german companies, germany, India, intellectual property rights, local knowledge, manpower, medium scale enterprises, merkel, military cooperation, smes, vocational training centre