Men prefer brunettes to blondes when it comes to marriageOctober 30th, 2008 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 30 (ANI): Blondes might make mens hearts flutter, but when it comes to marrying, blokes would rather prefer a brunette, a new research has shown.
According to the study, men think blondes are preferable as girlfriends, while brunettes are best for settling down with.
In all, 52 per cent of men said they would rather marry a dark-haired woman because they are more dependable and sensible - whereas only 18 per cent think blondes would make good wives.
In the poll of 3,000 men, 36 per cent said blondes were the sexiest women, while 31 per cent thought brunettes were sexier.
A mere 18 per cent of the men thought a blonde would make a good wife, reports the Daily Express.
Hairdresser Andrew Collinge, whose company commissioned the poll, said: This shows just how much men judge a woman by their hair colour. It is surprising I thought men were more modern than this.
Almost 37 per cent said women with fair hair were the most fun, but dark-haired women were considered the best long-term option, with more than half of all the men saying they were the most trustworthy.
The research also revealed that 33 per cent of males have a particular hair shade they always go for, with 44 per cent saying they are more attracted to brunettes. (ANI)
- Women change 104 hair styles in lifetime - Jul 14, 2010
- Blonde women earn more than brunettes or redheads - Dec 28, 2010
- A typical woman changes her hairstyle over 100 times in a lifetime! - Jul 14, 2010
- Brunettes better than blondes both in boardrooms as well as bed - Jan 14, 2009
- Blondes earn more than brunettes and redheads - Jul 16, 2010
- Fake boobs, blonde hair out, Mr & Mrs Average now in demand Down Under! - Oct 16, 2009
- Women find men with smouldering eyes 'shifty' - May 13, 2012
- Half of Brit women won't go nude during sex - Jul 14, 2010
- Women going blonde to boost confidence amid recession woes! - Jul 02, 2009
- Wife lures men for sex to kill husband, jailed - Jul 31, 2012
- Women more likely to cheat than men, reveals survey - Dec 31, 2010
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- 1 in 5 women prefer tasty treat than partner's lips on Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2011
- Employees prefer male bosses: UK study - Aug 12, 2010
- Blondes 'are paid less' - Jan 20, 2010
Tags: andrew collinge, blokes, blondes, brunette, daily express, dark haired woman, dark haired women, girlfriends, good wife, good wives, hair colour, hairdresser, hearts flutter, marriage, men prefer brunettes, oct 30, poll, sexiest women, study men, term option