Men find women’’s long, wavy locks sexiestDecember 10th, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 10 (ANI): Forget splashing thousands of money on make-up and clothes, the best way to attract the man of your dreams is to sport long wavy hairstyles, at least thats what a new survey suggests.
According to the poll, men find long, wavy locks the sexiest hairstyle on ladies as sported by television presenter Kelly Brook.
The feminine look, also worn by X-Factor judge Cheryl Cole, came top with 43 per cent of men voting it their favourite style.
Friends star Jennifer Aniston’’s long straight locks came second followed by the classic short bob, sported by singer Rihanna and Coronation Street actress Kym Marsh.
Straight mid-length styles, worn by Gwyneth Paltrow, came fourth while the pixie crop, famously sported by Victoria Beckham finished the top five.
“Hair is such a defining part of a woman’’s appearance. Long hair is traditionally strongly linked to femininity which we”re sure is the reason that almost half of men have singled out this long, thick, wavy hair as their number one sexiest style, the Telegraph quoted Karen Moore, of TRESemme Philips hair appliances, as saying.
“Despite men choosing long, natural looking wavy hair as their top style, most women would have to create this style using styling tools as not many are naturally blessed with these lovely locks.
“It’’s interesting to see that men still favour the traditional stereotypical looks for women, with long hair coming out on top despite the massive popularity of shorter styles like ”the Pob” and Agyness Deyn style crops with women, she added.
Surprisingly, the survey found that, men claim to prefer the natural look when it comes to styling, with more than a third saying they hate it when women have perfectly groomed hair.
Men also appeared to have a strong preference for shiny hair with 72 per cent billing it as attractive over hair without gloss.
Karen Moore added: “While men strongly favour the soft, natural, touchable styles over smarter, groomed looks, little do they know that these long luscious curls and straight sleek styles are often the ones which take the most effort to achieve.
“Women everywhere rely on the innovation of hair dryers, straighteners and tongs as well as styling products to get these effects.
“Men should be grateful that new technology means creating these styles is easier than ever compared to years gone by otherwise they could be waiting much longer for their other halves to get ready.”
Half of the men questioned in the poll of 3,000 also said they like girls who wear their hair down rather than in a smart up-do.
Other styles to feature in the poll was the bowl cut, recently worn by Katie Holmes, and the 1960s beehive, seen on actress and model Brigitte Bardot. (ANI)
- Aniston's Friends 'shag' most requested hairstyle of all time - May 26, 2010
- Hairstyles For Women In 2011 - Jan 19, 2011
- Indian women politicians and their hairdos - Aug 28, 2010
- Indian women should try messy, classic look: French hairstylist (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Jennifer Aniston chops her long locks - Feb 23, 2011
- Emma Watson crops her hair - Aug 07, 2010
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- Black Women Are Trendsetters Of American Hairstyles - Nov 02, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston shows off new hairstyle - Feb 23, 2011
- More than 11 million women tried the 'Aniston cut' - May 26, 2010
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
- Philips launches bodygroom product for men - Jul 20, 2012
- Iran bans ponytails and mullets - Jul 07, 2010
- Hollywood hairstylist wants to groom Ash, SRK - Oct 03, 2010
- Hepburn's hairstyle named most influential ever - May 24, 2011
Tags: agyness deyn, cheryl cole, coronation street, gwyneth paltrow, hair appliances, hair men, jennifer aniston, karen moore, kelly brook, kym marsh, long wavy hairstyles, man of your dreams, massive popularity, shiny hair, star jennifer aniston, television presenter, thick wavy hair, victoria beckham, wavy locks, women with long hair