Members of BJP, BSP students’ wings brawl at JNUNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:14 am ICT by admin
The student union ABVP said it had been angered by derogatory comments made against Lord Ram by presidential candidate of the Bahujan Samaj Student’s Forum, the student’s wing of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
“Not just for the Hindus, this is a matter of honour for the Indian community. They have made derogatory remarks against Lord Ram and this has caused the speech of the presidential candidates to be interrupted. The blame for this lies with the Delhi Police and with the Bahujan Student’s Forum members,” said Amit Kumar, presidential candidate for the ABVP.
Members of a student’s body called the All India Student’s Association (AISA), which has enjoyed power in JNU for the last several years, said they were shocked at the way the ABVP activists had conducted themselves and spoilt the spirit of JNU’s hitherto democratic election process.
“There is no humanity left anymore. People in our campus, a place that is known for its democratic election process, have crushed the very spirit. And more than 70 percent of the people who have come here and are throwing chairs at people are outsiders, activists from the ABVP office in R.K. Puram,” said Sandeep Singh, AISA’s presidential candidate.
He added that protesting against something one did not believe in was justifiable, but not the way the ABVP activists behaved. (ANI)
- Polling begins in Delhi University and JNU - Sep 14, 2012
- Delhi University all set for polls Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- JNU painted Red as AISA sweeps polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- JNU goes to students' union polls Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- Delhi University goes to poll Friday amidst tight security - Sep 02, 2010
- Beef festival turns Osmania into battlefied, student stabbed - Apr 16, 2012
- Tighten security for DU polls, says Delhi BJP - Sep 12, 2012
- Anna helps ABVP defeat NSUI in Delhi varsity polls - Sep 10, 2011
- MTV Roadies' anchors chased out of Pune by ABVP - Apr 22, 2011
- ABVP sweeps DUSU elections - Sep 04, 2010
- ABVP repeats 2002 performance, tops Delhi University polls (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Delhi Police identifies Radhika Tanwar's killer - Mar 11, 2011
- JNU students condole Dantewada deaths - May 19, 2010
- Delhi University election results announced - Sep 10, 2011
- ABVP flays report on assault against professor - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: abvp, activists, aisa, amit kumar, bahujan samaj party, bjp, bsp, chairs, democratic election, derogatory comments, derogatory remarks, forthcoming elections, hitherto, india student, jnu, lord ram, presidential candidate, presidential candidates, r k puram, spirit