Meira Kumar expresses solidarity with flood victimsSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 2 (ANI): Expressing solidarity with flood victims, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Meira Kumar has donated her one-month salary towards the Chief Minister’’s Relief Fund for the rehabilitation of flood victims.
She has also contributed Rs.10 lakh from her MPLAD Fund for this national calamity.
To treat the flood affected people, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has also decided to send a team of experts from National Institute of Mentally Handicapped (NIMH) Secunderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Cuttack (Orissa) and Kolkatta (West Bengal) to flood affected areas.
Kumar has also exhorted the country people to come forward in a big way to lend a helping hand to flood victims at this time of national calamity. (ANI)
- Himachal donates Rs.1.01 crore for Leh victims - Aug 27, 2010
- Declare a calamity severe in three days, says panel - Aug 14, 2012
- Mukherjee to visit Assam, Tripura from July 6 - Jul 03, 2012
- Farooq Abdullah gives Rs.50 lakh for Leh relief - Aug 30, 2010
- ITBP donates Rs.1.75 crore for Ladakh flood victims - Aug 28, 2010
- Scheme for rape victims' rehabilitation in final stage - Dec 15, 2010
- Floods eclipse Pakistan's Independence Day (Lead) - Aug 14, 2010
- Qureshi thanks India for five million dollar flood relief package - Aug 19, 2010
- Money no constraint for rescue, rehab works, says Chidambaram - Nov 30, 2009
- Himachal tribals donate funds for Leh victims - Aug 29, 2010
- PM to visit Leh on Tuesday - Aug 15, 2010
- Over 300 killed, 6 million affected in Pakistan floods - Sep 18, 2011
- $220 million World Bank credit for Bihar flood-affected - Sep 10, 2010
- PPP, PML-N join hands for flood-relief efforts in Pakistan - Aug 15, 2010
- Every home destroyed in Leh will be rebuilt: PM (Third Lead) - Aug 17, 2010