Meira Kumar calls all-party meet todayOctober 20th, 2010 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 20 (ANI): Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will meet leaders of all political parties on Wednesday to ensure the ’smooth functioning’ of the house during the Winter Session of Parliament.
Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee, Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj, Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad, Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee and DMK leader T R Baalu have been invited to the meeting.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and his deputy in the ministry V Narayansamy will also be present during the meeting.
Expressing concern over the frequent stalling of proceedings in the Lok Sabha, Kumar said, those who frequently disturb the House constitute approximately four per cent of the total strength of the House.
“The disruption of the proceedings is in essence tantamount to violation of the rights of 96 per cent of the members, who want the House to function smoothly,” she added.
The Winter Session of the Parliament will commence on November 9. The United States President, Barack Obama, is scheduled to address the members in a joint session of both the Houses. (ANI)
- All party meet soon to end FDI logjam: Bansal - Dec 05, 2011
- Stormy start to parliament, 8 Congress MPs suspended (Roundup) - Apr 24, 2012
- Speaker calls all-party meeting Nov 17 - Nov 15, 2011
- (VM) Meira Kumar meets party leaders - Aug 06, 2012
- Speaker holds all-party luncheon meet for smooth parliament functioning - Feb 20, 2011
- Suggestion to stop House telecast during disruptions - Oct 21, 2010
- Lok Sabha Speaker to meet party leaders Wednesday - Oct 19, 2010
- Special session to mark 60 years of Indian Parliament - May 05, 2012
- Speaker, party leaders optimistic about budget session - Feb 19, 2011
- PM hopeful budget session will be productive (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2011
- BJP corners PM over coal scam, parliament disrupted (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- 2G scam: No solution yet to resolve impasse, says Mukherjee - Nov 25, 2010
- Bansal faces opposition attack over shop allotment scam (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2011
- 'A democracy must debate, parliament disruptions no option' - Sep 09, 2012
- Meira Kumar hopes 'Budget Session' of Parliament will function smoothly - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: affairs minister, bansal, barack obama, congress leader, dmk leader, joint session, lalu prasad, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, mamata banerjee, meira kumar, parliamentary affairs, party leader, pawan kumar, pranab mukherjee, rjd, Samajwadi Party, trinamool congress, winter session, yadav