Mehbooba to chalk out new strategyJanuary 25th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 25 (IANS) The main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would be chalking out fresh political strategy here later this week, ahead of launching a campaign against the Omar Abdullah government in Jammu and Kashmir, sources said Tuesday.The strategy would be decided at the party’s legislature party meeting in Jammu Thursday. The meeting would be presided over by PDP president and legislature party leader Mehbooba Mufti.
This would be the party’s first legislature party meeting in months. The last was held in August last year.
The PDP is planning to launch a campaign against the ruling National Conference-Congress government led by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, sources in the party told IANS.
The party has 21 members in the state legislative assembly and is the second largest political group in the house after the National Conference, which has 28 seats.
- PDP to hold strategy meet Saturday - Feb 17, 2011
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- Centre silent on misdeeds of Omar government: PDP - Nov 15, 2011
- Omar thirsty for power, says Mehbooba - Mar 27, 2012
- Omar spent three years saving chair: Mehbooba - Oct 17, 2011
- PDP marches to highlight corruption in Kashmir - Oct 24, 2011
- PDP to boycott Kashmir panchayat polls (Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
- PDP mocks at government's call for talks with separatists - Jan 28, 2011
- Omar Abdullah survives the test - for now (News Analysis) - Dec 14, 2010
- Omar loves PDP 'headless chicken' description of him - Jan 12, 2012
- National Conference is party of the past, says PDP - May 24, 2011
- Not much hope from all-party meet as PDP to stay away (News Analysis) - Jul 11, 2010
- Credibility of J&K; regime at lowest: Mufti - Sep 01, 2012
- I correctly quoted Mehbooba on Modi: Sushma Swaraj - Sep 20, 2011
- National Conference protest against "3 idiots" remarks - Mar 01, 2010
Tags: chief minister, congress government, democratic party, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, legislative assembly, mehbooba mufti, new strategy, opposition, party leader, political group, political strategy