Mehbooba Mufti welcomes trans LoC tradeSeptember 27th, 2008 - 7:23 pm ICT by ANI
By Fayaz Ahmad
Srinagar, Sept 27 (ANI): Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) President Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday welcomed the agreement between India and Pakistan for exchange of trade through Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir valley.
She asserted that this agreement was a major step toward self-rule for the people of the valley.
Its a giant step. And it is certainly in tune with our demand for self-rule, which we believe can be an efficient way to resolve the Kashmir problem peacefully. Although a great deal may still be pending to turn this region into a free economic zone, we welcome this step as a beginning, Mehbooba was addressing a press conference in Srinagar today.
Mehbooba also said that the opening of trade routes between Central Asia and Kashmir valley would allow the people of Jammu and Kashmir to rediscover their territorial relevance in the region.
She further added that the people of Kashmir valley have given many scarifies for this and today is the day of celebration.
Senior leaders of PDP were also present during the press conference. (ANI)
- PDP takes out 'resolution' rally - Feb 14, 2011
- PDP presses for Kashmir resolution - Feb 19, 2011
- Mehbooba seeks positive approach on Kashmir problem - Aug 29, 2012
- Autonomy cannot solve Kashmir issue: Mehbooba Mufti - Aug 12, 2010
- PDP is party of Jammu too: Mufti - May 27, 2012
- PDP to hold first major public meet in Jammu - Mar 11, 2011
- Mufti demands hassle-free cross-LoC trade - May 22, 2012
- Omar loves PDP 'headless chicken' description of him - Jan 12, 2012
- Self-rule formula to solve Kashmir problem: Mehbooba Mufti - Oct 20, 2009
- Chinks in Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat Conference? - May 07, 2012
- Mehbooba re-elected PDP president - Oct 31, 2011
- 'Self-rule can negate adverse effects of partition' - Jul 07, 2011
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
- PDP's self-rule agenda is 'de-facto freedom': Mufti - Oct 20, 2009
- Egypt developments could impact Kashmir: Mehbooba - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: ahmad, celebration, central asia, democratic party, fayaz, free economic zone, giant step, india and pakistan, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir problem, kashmir valley, loc, mehbooba mufti, relevance, self rule, sept 27, srinagar, trade routes