Megan Fox pitted against Megan Gale for Wonder WomanNovember 7th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 7 (ANI): Aussie actress Megan Gales role as Wonder Woman met an online challenge from actress Megan Foxs fans, who wanted the latter to play the role of the super-heroine.
After a very convincing poster campaign and web report, Warner Bros, the US studio behind the stalled production of Justice League Of America, in which Gale is signed to star, was forced to deny reports about the change.
In the poster, Fox was mocked up in the movie-style trailer, and it also had political-type slogans, including, Its time for a new W and an Obama-esque A real change is coming.
The rumour featured on wonder-who.com has been exposed as a fake produced by comic fans attempting to force studio executives to cast Fox over Gale.
The campaign was deemed credible in movie gossip circles, given the trailer featured the company logos of Warner Bros, Legendary Pictures and DC Comics.
However, London’’s The Guardian newspaper exposed the fan fraud in a blog entitled: The week in geek.
Confidential yesterday sought Gale’’s comment over the cyber push to unseat her from her Wonder Woman role, but her publicist said her Justice League contract with Warner Bros prevented her from speaking on the controversy.
Megan has an agreement with Warner Bros that she cannot comment on details of film projects that she’’s been linked with and she has to respect that request, News.com.au quoted her publicist as saying.
The movie’’s Australian director George Miller did not return calls, but has previously backed Gale as his first choice to debut as the alter ego of character Diana Prince.
She got the job because she blitzed her screen test. I had no idea she was so good. She was brilliant, Miller told Confidential in August.
Once she read we all looked around at each other and said, Well, there’’s no question, he added. (ANI)
- Man Of Steel Comic-Con poster creates a buzz - Jul 16, 2012
- "Wonder Woman" Will Return On The Small Screen - Oct 09, 2010
- Megan Fox makes a scantily clad cameo in 'This is 40' - Aug 10, 2012
- Christina Hendricks wants to be 'Wonder Woman' - Jun 21, 2011
- Eva Longoria Parker to join upcoming 'Avengers' movie? - Jul 28, 2010
- Wonder Woman Movie? - Jul 24, 2010
- Adrianne Palicki all set to play 'Wonder Woman' - Feb 17, 2011
- Spielberg had gotten Megan Fox fired from Transformers movie - Jun 20, 2011
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- I've never been conscious of my body: Bipasha - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Dark Knight Rises' prologue releaesed - Dec 10, 2011
- Wonder Woman TV Show To Set Small Screen Ablaze - Oct 03, 2010
- 'Wonder Woman' at war in Hollywood - Nov 10, 2010
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- Is Megan Fox too thin for Transformers 3? - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: alter ego, australian director, comic fans, company logos, dc comics, diana prince, director george, film projects, george miller, justice league of america, megan fox, news com au, obama, poster campaign, screen test, studio executives, super heroine, web report, woman role, wonder woman