Meet the African Grey parrot who sounds like a Dr Who DalekAugust 27th, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 27 (ANI): Leonard, an African Grey parrot, can accurately imitate Doctor Whos enemy the Daleks.
And thats not all, the talented parrot is also capable of mimicking Beethoven’’s symphonies and the Mission Impossible theme.
According to owners, Maya and Ian Brandt, Leonard emulates noises made by people and things around him and has even developed a perfect comedic timing.
“We have taught him certain things, but other things like music he picks up he just likes to imitate what he hears, the Telegraph quoted Maya, as saying.
“We listen to Radio 4 a lot and he always joins in the pips before the news. He also copies noises before you even realise you are doing them,” she added.
The eight-year-old parrot mastered Daleks expression with the help of one of the couple’’s nephews.
“My nephew had got the gravelly voice down to a tee and now Leonard can do it too, she said.
He also whistles Dock of the Bay, the theme tune from Mission Impossible, renditions of Red Red Wine, YMCA and perfect impressions of water splashing and a squeak in the floorboards.
“He doesn”t do anything to order of course. If people come around wanting to hear him, he will often just sit there with his beak firmly shut,” she added. (ANI)
- South Asian musicians present Beethoven for flood-hit Pakistan - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Brief Encounter' theme is UK's favourite classic - Apr 26, 2011
- Parrots are lot smarter - Aug 08, 2012
- What makes music beautiful? - Jan 20, 2011
- Beethoven's DNA turned into musical composition to make its debut - Aug 08, 2010
- Tagore in symphony with Bach and Beethoven - in Germany - Apr 17, 2012
- Parrot 'pushes woman to the edge' with faulty fire alarm sound - Feb 11, 2011
- Tagore songs at Munich music fest - Apr 10, 2012
- How noise pollution affects marine life - Sep 01, 2010
- Bollywood, Katy Perry open IPL-V (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2012
- Scherzinger thanks pal Will.i.am for making Formula 1 fun - Mar 01, 2011
- Mozart's symphonies grow 'sweeter bananas, tastier sake' - Nov 26, 2010
- German couple in legal soup over 'squeaky bedsprings' sex - Nov 23, 2010
- An Urdu speaking parrot in Britain - Aug 08, 2011
- Bunnies, birds and other Easter egg makeovers! (With Images) - Apr 23, 2011