McDonald’s opens a vegetarian restaurant in IndiaSeptember 6th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Amritsar, Sep 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The MacDonald’s company made an announcement of Tuesday that, it would be opening a few vegetarian restaurants in India aiming to have a come back in the fast foods although the market is not as promising in this area.
The fast food sector in India has not been promising for nearly two decades that have been shown by progresses as well as drawbacks.
The company also made an announcement that it would open more outlets near the Golden Temple as well as in the Hindu Shrine in Jammu and Kashmir. This company has nearly 270 restaurants in India alone and more than 33,000 stores in the world.
The problem that has hit this company is the issue of what is the product that bears its brand, the beef hamburgers. This company unfortunately does not sell products made from beef in India where the larger part of the population is composed of Indians.
However, this company records about 3% of the total beef consumption in the United States and this is according to the Meat Trade News daily updates. About ten years ago this company was almost chased out of the United States for claims that beef flavor was put on fat when making French fries.
- KFC eyes 500 restaurants in India by 2015 - Dec 18, 2011
- McDonald's staff caught selling stale food - Mar 16, 2012
- Courtesy young enthusiasts, Japanese food takes a bow in India (With Images) - Feb 26, 2012
- McDonald's McRib Fake Success Disappoints People - Nov 19, 2010
- Your popular snack could be making you ill: Study - Mar 30, 2012
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Bob Marley film to be shown at Berlin fest - Jan 23, 2012
- McDonald playing around with new chicken recipes - May 23, 2011
- Five Guys Burger Voted As The Best Fast Food Burger In US - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: amritsar, beef consumption, beef flavor, daily updates, decades, fast food, food sector, french fries, golden temple, hamburgers, hindu shrine, indians, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, macdonald, mcdonald, meat trade, trade news, vegetarian restaurant, vegetarian restaurants