McCain to announce running mate todayAugust 29th, 2008 - 3:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug.29 (ANI): U.S. Republican presidential hopeful John McCain has said he is yet to make a decision on who will be his running mate.
He made the remarks in a morning interview with KDKA radio station on Thursday.
McCain is set to announce his pick on Friday in front of a big rally of 15,000 people in Ohio.
McCain did praise former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge, a potential running mate during the interview. Other top contenders for McCain’’s deputy include former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, independent Senator Joe Lieberman and Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty.
According to sources from his campaign, McCain and his to-be-announced running mate will tour three “battleground states” this weekend, with large-scale rallies planned for Ohio, Pennsylvania and Missouri.
Meanwhile, a Xinhua report from Washington claimed that McCain has chosen his running mate and that it will be announced soon.
McCain is currently busy traveling between one fundraiser and another in California, a traditional Democratic stronghold.
As the race for the White House begins to unfold in full with both parties officially kicking off the campaigns at their national conventions, McCain is determined to woo California voters who usually support a Democrat in the presidential election, political analysts said. (ANI)
- Was Sarah Palin added to John McCain's 'short list' for gender balance? - Mar 13, 2011
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- McCain may announce veep choice on Thursday - Aug 26, 2008
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Republican Prez hopeful McCain to announce his V-P candidate tomorrow - Aug 28, 2008
- Pawlenty becomes first GOP 2012 Presidential contender to announce intention to run - Mar 22, 2011
- Obama faces uphill climb, swing states poll indicate - Nov 05, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: battleground states, democratic stronghold, governor mitt romney, governor tim pawlenty, governor tom ridge, john mccain, mitt romney, presidential hopeful john mccain, republican presidential hopeful john mccain, senator joe lieberman