McCain namesake voting for ObamaSeptember 8th, 2008 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Sept.8 (ANI): His name is John McCain, but believe it or not, he is voting for Barack Obama.
Johnathan B. McCain, a Brooklyn-based musician, is not a Republican, travels frequently to Europe and says a few people have said that he looks like Obama.
According to the New York Daily News, McCain, 40, says that he has never used his famous name - or his striking resemblance to Obama to get a good table in a crowded restaurant or get out of a parking ticket. The combination, however, has gotten him on talk radio shows around the city.
McCain said he’’s toyed with the idea of turning the tables on gullible Republicans by holding a fund-raising dinner under the name “John McCain.” Then, when everyone is seated, McCain said, he would step out onstage with a wide smile on his face and declare, “Barack Obama thanks you for your contribution.”
McCain said he first became aware of the Arizona senator when he voted against making Martin Luther King Jr.’’s birthday a national holiday.
McCain is squarely in Obama’’s corner.
“These are critical times, maybe the most important election in U.S. history,” he said.
“We have to restore the American dream for the common man,” he adds. Until now, McCain’’s main claim to fame was as the longtime drummer for the influential ska band The Toasters. These days, he pounds the skins for a two-man indie-pop outfit called Ghost Front, which recently played a gig at The Knitting Factory.
His mom, Shirley McCain, said she never thought her son looked like Obama until a few weeks ago, when a relative pointed out the resemblance.(ANI)
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
- McCain's visit sparks debate in Kashmir - Aug 18, 2011
- US senator meets Kashmir governor, chief minister - Aug 17, 2011
- John McCain ranked most conservative US senator in 2010 - Feb 25, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- Obama has "learned a lot" in two years of presidency: McCain - Jan 24, 2011
- McCain commends Obama on bin Laden killing - May 02, 2011
- Meghan McCain Writes On 'Dirty Sexy Politics' - Sep 01, 2010
- Democrats not happy with Romney's first TV ad - Nov 22, 2011
- President Barack Obama & John McCain Draw In Crayons At The Health Summit - Feb 26, 2010
- US must support India's Security Council bid: McCain (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012