McCain Cabinet wont allow untried Palin to function alone in the White HouseSeptember 13th, 2008 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept.13 (ANI): Should she be asked to take on presidential responsibilities in the event of something happening to John McCain, vice-president Palin, if elected, may just find the White House too hot to handle, most experts believe.
According to them, the hyperbole being generated by Sarah Palin’’s perfectly competent and largely uneventful first television interview with ABC is all very well, but a problem could arise if it comes to actually knuckling down and dealing with issues of national importance firmly.
They say that this talk of whether or not Palin would be experienced enough to lead the nation in the event of John McCain dying in office, rests on a naive premise that many, if not most, vice-presidents have lacked the experience and the tested judgment that would ideally be expected of a president.
This is largely because they are not usually chosen for their qualifications for the presidency but for the electoral advantages that they bring to the ticket.
In truth, they say that if a relatively untried VP succeeded to the White House, he or she would instantly be enveloped by the Cabinet, the Pentagon chiefs and the national security advisers who had been appointed by his (or her) predecessor.
Major decisions on foreign policy would not be left in the hands of an individual neophyte. They would be taken over by the team which had taken power with the elected president.
Whatever happens to Mr McCain in office, it is his judgment and his Cabinet which would sustain Palin if she had to take over from him. (ANI)
- Meghan McCain Writes On 'Dirty Sexy Politics' - Sep 01, 2010
- Julianne Moore praises Sarah Palin - Feb 28, 2012
- 'Bush thinks Palin not fit to be President' - Nov 07, 2010
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in new movie 'Game Change' - Apr 28, 2011
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin - Mar 10, 2011
- Sarah Palin's documentary lacks audience - Jul 26, 2011
- Was Sarah Palin added to John McCain's 'short list' for gender balance? - Mar 13, 2011
- Palin to campaign for McCain, other Republican candidates - Jan 21, 2010
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Sarah Palin's debut was a ratings hit for Fox News - Jan 14, 2010
- Sarah Palin ruined 2008 elections for Republicans, says Bush - Nov 06, 2010
- Palin willing to "give it a shot" if Americans think she's the one for President - Sep 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin denies that her bus tour has been canceled - Jun 23, 2011
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: chiefs, first television, foreign policy, hyperbole, john mccain, judgment, mr mccain, national security advisers, pentagon, predecessor, premise, presidency, presidential responsibilities, sarah palin, television interview, vice president, vice presidents, vp, white house, white house washington