Mayawati to unveil 40 statues, six of herselfJune 24th, 2009 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, June 24 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Mayawati, will unveil 40 statues, including six of her own, in the state on July 3.
The statues will be unveiled along with the Kanshi Ram Memorial and the Gautam Buddhasthals.
Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) will erect these statues at various places.
According to LDA, the statues are valued at Rs 6.68 crore. And, the 60 marble elephants at the Ambedkar memorial cost Rs 52 crore.
The Uttar Pradesh culture department’s budget for 2008 had allocated more than Rs 194 crore for building statues of great leaders.
If the figures of the cultural department are anything to go by, this is just one-third of the entire budget. (ANI)
- Finally, covers go off Mayawati statues (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- BSP calls Congress anti-Dalit - Oct 16, 2011
- Mayawati allocates Rs.50 crore for her security, home - Aug 09, 2011
- Thousands of stone carvers helped create Mayawati's dream project - Oct 15, 2011
- Mayawati opens Ambedkar statues - Dec 06, 2010
- Finally, veils to go off Mayawati statues - Mar 04, 2012
- Congress slams Mayawati for 'wasting public money' - Oct 14, 2011
- Supreme Court censures Uttar Pradesh Government for flouting order - Oct 05, 2009
- Mayawati allocates Rs.500 crore more for parks, memorials - Aug 10, 2010
- Supreme Court issues contempt of court notice to UP Chief Secretary - Oct 06, 2009
- What a blow! Mayawati gets a boost, Akhilesh defensive (UP Newsletter) - Jul 27, 2012
- Prime accused in Mayawati statue vandalism held (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- People will reply to Mayawati in polls, says BJP - Oct 14, 2011
- Mayawati inaugurates Rs.684 crore Dalit park - Oct 14, 2011
- Mayawati flays poll panel for draping statues (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012