Mayaben Kodnani’s police custody ends todayApril 1st, 2009 - 11:44 am ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Apr 1 (ANI): The police custody of former Gujarat Minister of State for Women’s Welfare, Mayaben Kodnani, and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader, Jaideep Patel, ends today.
On March 29, Kodnani and Patel were remanded in police custody till today by a local court in connection with the 2002 post-Godhra riots case.
Kodnani and Patel’s anticipatory bail was cancelled by Gujarat High Court, after which they had surrendered before the Special Investigation Team (SIT), appointed by the Supreme Court to probe some of the riot cases afresh.
Kodnani, who was Minister of State for Women and Child Welfare and Higher Education in the Narendra Modi Government, had resigned from her post shortly after the High Court order.
Kodnani, a three-time MLA from the Naroda constituency, is an accused in the Naroda Gam and Naroda Patiya massacre cases in which around 95 people were killed in the communal violence of 2002. (ANI)
- Ahmedabad court extends police remand of Mayaben Kodnani, Jaideep Patel till April 4 - Apr 01, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat minister accused in Naroda Gam riots gets bail (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat Minister Mayaben Kodnani surrenders - Mar 27, 2009
- Gujarat minister granted bail - Feb 05, 2009
- NGO files plea before Gujarat riots commission - May 14, 2010
- Why shouldn't bail be cancelled, court asks Kodnani and Patel - Feb 24, 2009
- Gujarat Minister resigns as HC cancels her bail in 2002 riot case - Mar 27, 2009
- Gujarat riot victims hail life terms for accused - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: communal violence, constituency, gam, gujarat high court, gujarat minister, higher education, investigation team, jaideep, local court, minister of state, mla, narendra modi, police custody, riot, riots, supreme court, vishwa hindu parishad, women and child welfare