Maya Kodnani granted bail in 2002 riots caseMay 19th, 2009 - 9:15 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, May 19 (ANI): A local court on Tuesday granted bail to former Gujarat Minister Maya Kodnani.
Kodnani is one of the prime accused in the Naroda Gam riots in which 11 persons were killed during the communal clashes in 2002.
Kodnani is also a prime accused in the Naroda Patia massacre in which over 90 people were killed.
According to sources, the Ahmedabad city sessions court has granted bail to Kodnani in the Naroda Gam case while in the Naroda Patia case, the bail hearing would continue.
She has been booked under Indian Penal Code (IPC) 120 (B) for criminal conspiracy, 302 for murder, 307 for attempt to murder, 395 and 397 for loot and 143 to 147 for rioting and 201 for destruction of evidence. (ANI)
- Chargesheet filed against ex-Gujarat minister Kodnani - May 01, 2009
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2009
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Riot accused gets more time to reply to lawyer's charge - Jun 26, 2010
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani granted bail - May 19, 2009
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- Godhra verdict: Sections under which 31 were convicted - Feb 22, 2011
- Godhra verdict: Ahmedabad court convicts 31, acquits 63 (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009