Matthew McConaughey sets up his own record labelJuly 18th, 2008 - 11:47 am ICT by ANI
New York , July 17 (ANI): Actor Matthew McConaughey, 38, has finally set up his own record label, say reports.
The A Time To Kill star has even signed a reggae singer for the companys debut album, say sources.
His first artist is a reggae guy called Mishka. The album will be called ”Above the Bones” and the first single is ”Here Comes Da Train.” He’’s also doing the soundtrack for ”Surfer Dude,”” the New York Post quoted a source as saying.
McConaughey is also said to be approaching other major music labels for backing.
“He’’s looking for a distribution deal with all the major labels for his own label, said the source.
A spokesman for McConaughey has confirmed that the star has set up his own record label.
The company, however, has not set any date for its debut release as yet, he says. (ANI)
- McConaughey introduces reggae star who sparked record label idea - Feb 14, 2009
- McConaughey said no to 'bachelor party' - Jul 09, 2012
- Matthew McConaughey engaged - Dec 27, 2011
- Tom Hanks gets $100 for 'babysitting' - Mar 19, 2011
- McConaughey took home 'Magic Mike' costumes - Jul 10, 2012
- Matthew McConaughey Looks Overtly Different In Airbrushed "The One Gentleman" Image - Sep 06, 2010
- Matthew McConaughey is strict father - Mar 22, 2011
- Wearing thong was daunting task for McConaughey - Jul 11, 2012
- Fatherhood improved my acting skills: McConaughey - Mar 15, 2012
- McConaughey's kids excited about new baby - Jul 26, 2012
- Nicole Kidman to work in 'The Paperboy' - Jun 29, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston, Matthew McConaughey have 'Best Beach Bodies' - Sep 11, 2010
- Margarita Levieva to be next bond girl? - Jul 27, 2011
- Matthew Mcconaughey to again become dad - Jul 05, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow set to sign music deal with Atlantic Records - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: actor matthew mcconaughey, bones, da train, debut album, debut release, distribution deal, first single, july 17, major music, matthew mcconaughey, music labels, new york post, record label, reggae guy, reggae singer, spokesman, surfer dude