Mathura Priests celebrate Holi by walking through fireballMarch 11th, 2009 - 3:42 pm ICT by ANI
Mathura/ New Delhi, Mar 11 (ANI): Priests at Prahlad Kund in Phalen village in Uttar Pradeshs Mathura District celebrated Holi on Wednesday by walking through a fireball.
We have been seeing this fair from a long time. Our ancestors said this fair has been held here for thousands of years. Priests cross the fire like Lord Vishnus devotee Prahlad. The Priests worship constantly for five days and bathe in the Ganges, claimed Radhey Singh, a local.
In Delhi, people from all walks of life sprayed each other with colours.
They also danced to drumbeats and consumed traditional thandai.
Walkers club of Lodhi Garden celebrated Holi with great enthusiasm. People of all faiths participated in it, said Jaswant Singh Arora, a local.
Foreigners also danced on the occasion and greeted people.
I would like to wish you a very happy Holi. Its fantastic and crazy, which is great, said Prince, a foreigner.
Holi is associated with an uninhibited expression of love and affection.
The festival brings people of all classes and age groups together. They distribute sweets and take out procession. (ANI)
- Millions throng Goverdhan for annual pilgrimage - Jul 15, 2011
- Radhastami celebrations in Mathura - Sep 05, 2011
- Riot of colours as Holi celebrated with gaiety (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2012
- Devotees gather for 'Lath Mar' holi in Barsana - Mar 14, 2011
- Holi splashes its colours on India (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2010
- Riot of colours as Holi celebrated with gaiety (Intro Roundup) - Mar 08, 2012
- Packed with pilgrims, Lord Krishna's land dances to Holi - Mar 01, 2010
- United colours of Holi splash India (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2011
- Holi splashes Delhi with colours (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Where Holi goes on for 50 days - Mar 07, 2012
- Holi splashes Delhi with colours - Mar 08, 2012
- Holi revelry picks up momentum in Braj area (With Image) - Mar 15, 2011
- Flooded Yamuna brings on Janmashtami fervour in Braj - Sep 01, 2010
- Is this how the ancients prevented river water seepage? (With Images) - Jul 12, 2012
- Holi no longer 'holy': Changing colours of the festival (Feature) - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: age groups, all faiths, ancestors, devotee, expression of love, fireball, foreigner, foreigners, ganges, holi, jaswant singh, kund, love and affection, mathura district, New Delhi, priests, procession, sweets, walkers club, walks of life