Massive anti-naxal combing operation launched in JharkhandJune 13th, 2009 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
Bokarao, June 13 (ANI): A massive combing operation has been launched to apprehend the Naxals who targeted security personnel in Bokaro district on Friday.
The death toll in the incidents has gone up to 11.
The Maoists, who have forced a shutdown in six States, including Jharkhand, attempted to loot the State Bank of India (SBI) branch at Phusro after money was brought there from the Bermo branch of the bank, said Bokaro’s Superintendent of Police, L. P. Singh on Friday.
As two policemen of the escort party stepped out of the bank after depositing the money, the Maoists attacked them and killed them, he added.
At least seven other police personnel were killed, when the anti-landmine vehicle in which they were rushing to the spot got blown off after it ran over an IED at Nawadih, 31 kilometres away.
The killed were part of the additional reinforcements being rushed to the spot.
At least 11 security men had lost their lives on Wednesday in a landmine blast in West Singhbhum district. (ANI)
- Maoists' violence kills 9 policemen in Jharkhand - Jun 12, 2009
- Maoists kill 11 Jharkhand policemen in twin attacks - Jun 13, 2009
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- Maoists kill 13 security personnel in Jharkhand (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 12, 2009
- 11 policemen killed by Maoists in Jharkhand - Jun 12, 2009
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Police comb forests, hunt for Kishenji's aides - Nov 25, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- 40 KG IED recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 03, 2012
- Seven Maoists arrested, landmine recovered - Mar 03, 2012
- 10 securitymen die in Maoist landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Maoists blow up building in Jharkhand - Dec 21, 2009
Tags: bank of india, death toll, ied, kilometres, landmine blast, maoists, money, policemen, reinforcements, sbi, security men, security personnel, singhbhum district, state bank, state bank of india, superintendent