Massacre of Muslims in Gujarat had sanctions of Modi: TehelkaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:51 am ICT by admin
The magazine quoted a BJP MLA, who said that he was present in the meeting in which Modi gave them “three days’ time to do whatever they wanted.
“He had given us three days time…to do whatever we could. He said he would not give us time after that…He said this openly,” the news magazine quoted the MLA as saying.
After three days “he (Modi) asked us to stop and everything came to a halt,” Haresh Bhatt, the then national co-coordinator of the Bajrang Dal was quoted, as saying.
“It appears that bombs were manufactured in factories owned by senior Bajrang Dal and VHP activists. Arms were smuggled from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Punjab, and then distributed to execution squads led by MLAs and senior members of the Sangh Parivar. Consignments of arms were not just smuggled in once, but ‘there were tens and tens of them,” Tehelka wrote.
The news magazine also claims that elaborate legal subversion was done to save those accused for their role in the genocide. To help the foot soldiers, who actually raped, killed and looted, the strategists had constituted a panel of lawyers sympathetic to Hindu cause, claims Tehelka.
“To get me out on bail, Narendrabhai changed judges thrice,” Tehelka quoted abu Bajrangi, as saying. (ANI)
- Lalu demands immediate arrest of Modi, Advani - Nov 14, 2007
- CPM for using Tehelka footage as evidence in Gujarat riots case - Nov 14, 2007
- Geelani hits streets against Modi, BJP - Nov 14, 2007
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- NGO files plea before Gujarat riots commission - May 14, 2010
- Let Modi concentrate on state first, says Katiyar - Sep 30, 2011
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- Post Tehelka expose: Muslims protest against Narendra Modi in Delhi - Nov 14, 2007
- God is great, tweets Modi after Supreme Court verdict - Sep 12, 2011
- Modi's absence, talk of PM candidate, cloud BJP meet (Roundup) - Sep 30, 2011
- Advani praises Modi on blog - Mar 25, 2012
- Modi must spend rest of his life in jail: Owaisi - Mar 05, 2012
- With 7,936 pacts, $462 bn investment, Modi makes Gujarat shine (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Modi no longer bats just for Gujarat to attract investment (News Analysis) - Jan 14, 2011