Marlon Brando suffered from bulimia, claims bookDecember 5th, 2008 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 5 (ANI): Hollywood legend Marlon Brando suffered from eating disorder bulimia, according to a new book.
In the book titled Me and Marlon, Brandos longtime personal assistant Alice Marchak spilled the beans on her extraordinary life with the late actor.
The brawny actor regularly gorged on food only to vomit it back up in secret.
Marchak came to know about it only when she found him passed out in a bathroom after having haemorrhaged.
“We”d eat dinner and then Marlon would go to the bathroom - and come back and order another meal,” Contactmusic quoted Marchak as writing.
Marchall’’s book has also revealed that the Oscar winner battled drug and sex addictions; once had to talk his son Christian out of committing suicide, and almost turned down the role of Don Corleone in The Godfather, because he didn”t want to glorify the Mafia.
The actor died in 2004 at the age of 80. (ANI)
- 'Desperate for money, Marlon Brando tried selling goods on TV' - Dec 22, 2008
- Gangster who inspired The Godfather was a 'fake' - Jan 06, 2011
- Al Pacino says he was almost fired from 'The Godfather' - Dec 08, 2010
- Coppola insists Brando's bad reputation was a misunderstanding - Jun 09, 2009
- Marlon Brando was refused TV presenters job shortly before his death - Dec 23, 2008
- Italian gets funeral 64 years after being killed - May 24, 2012
- Anurag Kashyap To Adapt Mario Puzo's 'The Godfather' - Jun 16, 2010
- Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall once flashed butts to lighten mood on film sets - Dec 15, 2008
- Johnny Depp: Whats His Dream Role? - Dec 01, 2010
- Diane Keaton reveals that she was bulimic when she was dating Woody Allen - Nov 16, 2011
- Marlon Brando's family still in dispute over his ashes - Aug 10, 2010
- 'Last Tango in Paris' actress Maria Schneider dies aged 58 - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Godfather' house up for sale at $2.9m - Dec 05, 2010
- GOD FATHER TRIOLOGY - Aug 26, 2010
- Book reveals Brando's affair with Jackie Kennedy - Jun 25, 2009