Marks & Spencer to introduce Sex and the City clothing lineSeptember 8th, 2008 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 8 (ANI): Sex and the City lovers will get a chance to dress like their favourite stars, when a clothing line inspired by the hit TV series goes on sale at Marks & Spencer stores in the UK next month.
The British high street chain has inked a five-million-pound deal with Sex and the City stylist Patricia Field in this respect.
Field showcased her new collection at the New York Fashion Week, at the spring/summer 2009 fashion show, which opened this weekend.
The models walked down the ramp as drag queens in gigantic Dusty Springfield-style wigs, iconic dresses and ensembles, inspired by the hit television series and the movie.
The collection included flirty, 1950s-style, puffball dresses in scarlet polka-dot jacquard and rose-print taffeta, which will cost 75 pounds and 99 pounds, and a turquoise, angel-sleeved, silk shift, based on the dress Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker wore in the Baby Shower Scene in the film.
The new clothing line also included a black, sequined catsuit, costing 99 pounds, and a skin-tight, black and white striped military jacket at 75 pounds, worn with gold leggings, similar to the style of Samantha, played by Kim Cattrall.
If I can wear the clothes, anybody can. Fashion is about enjoying clothes and having fun; its not about age, the Telegraph quoted Field as saying.
Kate Bostock, the executive director of all clothing at Marks & Spencer, described the Patricia Field collection, developed with co-designer, David Dalrymple, as one of the most adventurous projects in the British high street chains history.
Its the perfect marriage. She knows her audience, we have the customers and M&S customers love Sex and the City, said Bostock.
The Patricia Field collection for M&S will feature 40 dresses, starting as low as 40 pounds, in sizes 8-20, as well as tights, shoes, and scarves, from 15 pounds and graffiti-print shoppers, at 2 pounds. (ANI)
- Princess Diana's wedding dress voted the best ever - Mar 29, 2011
- Simpson to endorse maternity wear range - May 15, 2012
- A tale of braids, diagrams, clocks at Kallol Dutta's show - Apr 06, 2011
- Finland's Merimekko seeks Indian market with bold designs - Jun 17, 2012
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Rosario Dawson flaunts Amit GT's design (With Images) - Aug 22, 2012
- Hollywood style icons turn fashion designers - Aug 06, 2010
- Crossover: Fashion feeds abstract art (With Image) - Mar 19, 2012
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Sale of Princess Diana's Black Dress Fetches $276,000 - Jun 10, 2010
- Iconic Diana Dress Sold At $276000 - Jun 09, 2010
- Diane Von Furstenberg Launches Its Pre-Fall Collection - Dec 15, 2010
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Now, 'frontal enhancement' pants to boost men's bulges - Oct 10, 2010