Maria Sharapova loves menswearJune 26th, 2008 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 25 (ANI): The secret behind Maria Sharapovas tuxedo look this Wimbledon has been revealed the tennis stars love for menswear.
The world no 2 has revealed that she loves to wear trousers with her dinner jacket.
Sharapova won wolf-whistles from the crowd after hitching up one side of her shorts and flashing a glimpse of her thigh at her first Wimbledon match.
I love menswear. I love tuxedo jackets. I didnt wear my pants on court today but theyre very wide-legged and high-waisted, The Sun quoted her as saying.
If theres a place to do it, its definitely Wimbledon, she added.
And its not just only Sharapova who debuted her new look reigning mens tennis player Roger Federer turned up on Centre Court looking like a granddad with a 1920s-style cardigan with gold trim.
Serena Williams was seen warming up for her match against Estonias Kaia Kanepi in a belted Raincoat even though it was sunny.
I saw Federers cardigan. I thought that was classic, said Sharapova
It was beautiful. I didnt see Serenas raincoat.
Its hard to do different things in white. Ive never done shorts at a Grand Slam, but if theres one place to do it, its here, she added. (ANI)
- Sharapovas shorts leave her skirt fans devastated! - Jun 24, 2008
- Kuznetsova to miss US Open for 'recovery' - Aug 21, 2012
- Seeds bomb out as Williams, Clijsters exit Wimbledon - Jun 29, 2010
- China's tennis team faces uphill task at London Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- China Open: Wozniacki, Zvonareva move ahead; Stosur eliminated - Oct 04, 2011
- Nadal, Li advance to 4th round at French Open - Jun 03, 2012
- Serena saves Williams pride as Venus knocked out (Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- Reports on Istanbul wedding false: Sharapova - Aug 05, 2012
- Serena set to take revenge for 2004 Wimbledon title loss against Sharapova - Jun 28, 2010
- Federer overwhelms Melzer to set up Soderling showdown - Sep 07, 2010
- Brisbane Open: Hantuchova in finals after Clijster retires - Jan 06, 2012
- Sharapova proud of her Russian origin - May 30, 2012
- Serena 'satisfied' with revenge for 2004 Wimbledon title loss against Sharapova - Jun 29, 2010
- US Open: Federer, Murray drawn to meet in semis - Aug 24, 2012
- Federer throttles Mathieu to enter second week of US Open - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: 1920s, cardigan, crowd, different things, dinner jacket, glimpse, grand slam, granddad, kaia kanepi, maria sharapova, match, menswear, roger federer, serena williams, tennis player, tennis stars, trousers, tuxedo jackets, wimbledon, wolf whistles