Maradona in Mother HouseDecember 7th, 2008 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
By Ajitha Menon
Kolkata, Dec.7 (ANI): Football legend Diego Maradona visited Missionaries of Charity Headquarters ”Mother House”, in Kolkata today.
Maradona said earlier that he had accepted the invitation to come to the city because he had a keen interest in seeing first hand the place where Mother Teresa had lived and worked.
Maradona accompanied by his girl friend was greeted by the Sisters of Missionaries of Charity (MOC) and later taken to Mother Teresa’’s Tomb.
A huge crowd had gathered outside the Mother House to catch a glimpse of the football great and the newly appointed coach of the Argentina national football team.
Missionaries of Charity headquarters in Kolkata has got due recognition from world celebrities like Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and now Diego Maradona.
On his trip to Kolkata, Maradona is scheduled to meet veteran communist leader Jyoti Basu .
He will also visit the Mohun Bagan football Club to watch a match at the club grounds later.
Diego will be leaving for Argentina in the night. (ANI)
- Argentine players visit Mother House, Messi skips - Sep 04, 2011
- 13 years on, Mother Teresa still draws foreign tourists to Kolkata - Sep 03, 2010
- Dutch star Ruud Gullit arrives in Kolkata - Jul 28, 2012
- US envoy pays homage to Mother Teresa - Aug 26, 2010
- Outpouring of love, Papal message mark Mother Teresa centenary (Lead) - Aug 26, 2010
- Maradona pays homage to Mother Teresa, meets Basu (Intro Roundup) - Dec 07, 2008
- Kolkatans shower Mother Teresa with love on centenary (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2010
- Maradona to conduct football clinic at Mohun Bagan ground - Dec 04, 2008
- Diego Maradona arrives to a rousing welcome in Kolkata (Lead) - Dec 06, 2008
- Frenzied Kolkatans can't have enough of Maradona (Roundup, combining different series) - Dec 07, 2008
- Maradona mania sweeps Kolkata - Dec 05, 2008
- Mass begins Mother Teresa's birth centenary celebrations - Aug 26, 2010
- Venezuelans miss practice as kits are misplaced - Sep 01, 2011
- US Ambassador to meet Buddhadeb Oct 13 - Oct 08, 2009
- Ruud Gullit enthralls Mohun Bagan crowd - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: argentina national football team, bill clinton, diego maradona, due recognition, football club, football legend, girl friend, glimpse, hillary clinton, invitation, keen interest, kolkata, menon, missionaries of charity, moc, mohun bagan, mother teresa, national football team, veteran communist leader, world celebrities