Maoists kill two in Chhattisgarh including former police officialJune 24th, 2010 - 10:41 pm ICT by ANI
Bijapur (Chhattigarh), June 24 (ANI): The Maoists in Chhattigarh’s Bijapur District killed a former police official and his cousin on Thursday.
The bodies of 40-year-old former police official Venkaiya Anganpalli and Ramesh Anganpalli were found by the locals on the outskirts of the Kandulnar village early on Thursday morning.
According to the locals, both brothers had gone to buy rice from the local market on Wednesday and were abducted by the Maoists on their way back.
“Both of them had gone to the market to buy rice. They were killed around 2 pm. We don’t know, we brought them here in a tractor trolley,” said Manoj Anganpalli, Venkaiya’s younger brother.
Police have registered a case and suspect that the brothers might have been killed by the Maoists on suspicion of being spies for the security forces. (ANI)
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Korsaguda, Sarkeguda residents refuse government aid - Jul 08, 2012
- Tribal killed by Maoists - Aug 11, 2011
- Maoists kill village headman - Sep 14, 2011
- Four killed as oil tanker hits tractor-trolley - Oct 06, 2011
- Three killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Jan 21, 2011
- Deceased IPS officer's father alleges political murder - Mar 09, 2012
- Tribals upset over ban on traditional weapons - Aug 31, 2012
- Mass migration from Chhattisgarh villages after shootout - Jul 07, 2012
- Six civilians, two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh (Third Lead) (With Images) - May 16, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012