Maoists blow up school building in BiharMarch 27th, 2011 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
Barachatti (Bihar), Mar.27 (ANI): A group of around 50 Maoists belonging to the Bhakpa group blew up a school building in the Maoist infested Barachatti block of the Gaya District in Bihar using explosives.
The gang also torched the house of Vijay Yaday, one of the members of rival Maoists group Shastra Pratirodh Manch (SPM), as they suspected him of being a police agent.
Veena Devi, wife of Vijay Yadav, said: ” They asked us to open the door, but when I refused they threatened to kill us. I opened the door in fear but before I could do that, two of them jumped over the wall, and dragged all our family members out of the house and torched all our belongings by sprinkling petrol and kerosene oil,” adding that there were around 50 men present at the time.
None of the Yadav family members have been harmed in the incident.
The Maoist insurgency has gripped nearly one-third of the country in violence, spreading into rural pockets of 20 of India’s 28 states.
Initially, the Maoists contended that they were fighting for the cause of the poor and weaker sections of the society.
However, over the past two decades the ‘mass struggle for rights’ has turned into a violent unrest, with the rebels targeting policemen and government establishments to prove their point. (ANI)
- Maoists torch vehicles, blast mobile tower in Bihar - Mar 15, 2011
- Maoists destroy mobile tower in Bihar's Gaya District - Mar 15, 2011
- Maoists torch two trucks in Bihar - Jun 17, 2011
- Two Maoists arrested in Gaya - Nov 17, 2010
- Six Maoists arrested in Bihar - Dec 08, 2010
- Maoists strike Bihar railway station - Jun 16, 2011
- Maoists kill two, torch machines in two separate incidents in Bihar - Dec 23, 2009
- One killed in Maoist violence in Bihar - Apr 22, 2009
- Maoists blast 2 mobile phone towers in Jharkhand - Jun 17, 2011
- Three Maoists arrested in Gaya - Oct 22, 2009
- Maoists attack Bihar railway station (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Maoists luring villagers to grow poppy in Bihar - Feb 19, 2012
- Maoist outfit's ninth anniversary celebrated in Bihar - Dec 04, 2009
- Bihar doctors go on strike in protest against firing by MLA's bodyguards - Jan 31, 2011
- Bihar raises reward for 20 wanted Maoists - Mar 17, 2010
Tags: belongings, blow up, explosives, gaya district, government establishments, insurgency, kerosene oil, maoist, maoists, mass struggle, petrol, pockets, police agent, policemen, rebels, spm, sprinkling, time none, unrest, yadav