Maoists blow up Forest Range offices in OrissaMarch 29th, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Mayurbhanj (Orissa), Mar 29 (ANI): Maoists blew up three forest range offices in Similipal Tiger Project (STP) area in Orissa’s Mayurbhanj District early Sunday.
The incident took place at around 1:00 a.m. when Maoists blew up Barahakamuda, Chahala and Dhuduruchampa range offices located in different core areas of the forest reserve, said N Nagaraj Reddy, field director of STP.They also tied up some tourists at Chahala and Forest personnel at Barahakamuda and Dhuduruchampa
The Maoists also set ablaze two government vehicles. However, there were no reports of any causality.
Security forces have rushed to the sites.
Maoists, who are banned in several states, say they are fighting for the rights of farmers and the poor.
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has called the rebels the biggest challenge to the country’s internal security. (ANI)
- Maoists kill village leader, blow up forest offices - Mar 29, 2009
- Jairam seeks more efforts for tigers in Orissa reserve - Jun 30, 2011
- Maoist fear keeps Similipal National Park shut - Nov 13, 2010
- Odisha intensifies probe into jumbo killings - May 08, 2012
- Blackened mouths, bloody nostrils...three jumbos poisoned - Feb 15, 2011
- Maoists blast mobile phone tower in Orissa - Feb 14, 2010
- Maoists blast bridge, torch trucks in Bihar - Mar 23, 2012
- Tiger skin seized in Odisha, 4 held - Sep 04, 2012
- Maoists blow up school building in Orissa - Jul 06, 2010
- States on high alert after Kishanji killing (Roundup) - Nov 25, 2011
- Forest field staff threaten to boycott tiger census - May 06, 2010
- Four elephant carcasses found in park - May 07, 2012
- Maoists blow up mobile tower in Orissa - Jul 11, 2010
- Three Maoist rebels held in Orissa - Sep 07, 2009
- 500 army men in Chhattisgarh's red zone - for training - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: blow up, core areas, dr manmohan singh, farmers, field director, forest range, forest reserve, government vehicles, internal security, manmohan, manmohan singh, maoists, nagaraj, orissa, prime minister, rebels, security forces, tiger, tiger project, tourists