Maoists blast under-construction police post in ChhattisgarhFebruary 8th, 2011 - 10:26 pm ICT by ANI
Bastar, Feb 8 (ANI): Maoists blew up an under-construction police outpost in Chitrakot area of Chhattisgarh’s Bastar District on Monday night.
The first ever attack by Maoists at Chitrakot, some 340 kilometers south from state capital Raipur, created panic at the site known for its spectacular waterfall where the Indravati River takes a 100-foot plunge.
According to labourers, Maoist also threatened them not to return to work.
“They (Maoists) threw us outside the station and said not to work again,” said Laxman, a labourer.
Bastar Superintendent of Police Sunder Raj said that team of forensic experts are investigating the kind and quantity of explosives that has been used in the blast.
“Around 15 to 20 Maoists came around 3 or 4 o’clock last night and forcibly dragged out the labourers from the (under constructed) police station. And then they blasted the three-storey building. There is a huge structural damage but no causalities have been reported so far,” said Sunder Raj. (ANI)
- Maoists kill villager, blast Chitrakot police post (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Maoists blast in tourist destination Chitrakot - Feb 07, 2011
- Maoists blast Chitrakot police post, disrupt Bastar life (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Maoists blow up police station in Chhattisgarh - Dec 27, 2011
- Himachal building collapse: Owner, builder held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Maoists blow up police outpost in Orissa - Dec 12, 2009
- Himachal building collapse: Owner booked - Jul 11, 2011
- Chhattisgarh police fail to track down police station attackers - Dec 28, 2011
- Enraged workers in Gurgaon indulge in vandalism, arson - Mar 23, 2012
- Maoists release abducted labourers in Jharkhand - Feb 21, 2012
- Security forces bust Maoist camp in Bastar - Nov 26, 2010
- Four Maoists surrender in Chhattisgarh - Feb 15, 2011
- Chhattisgarh police to probe death threat to BJP lawmaker - Nov 22, 2009
Tags: bastar district, chhattisgarh, clock, explosives, foot plunge, forensic experts, indravati river, kilometers, maoist, maoists, monday night, police outpost, police post, police station, spectacular waterfall, superintendent