Maoists blast tracks in BiharMarch 21st, 2009 - 3:32 pm ICT by ANI
Gaya (Bihar), Mar 21 (ANI): The Communist Party of India-Maoist rebels bombed railway tracks in Bihar’’s Gaya District disrupting train services on the Gaya-Mughalsarai section of East Central Railway (ECR) on Saturday.
The Maoists blasted the down track between Paraiya and Guraru stations just past midnight. The tracks at a length of about four feet have been completely damaged.
During inspection, a live bomb was found planted on the tracks near the blast spot. The bomb squad was summoned to defuse the bomb.
The state Police, Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel and railway engineers have rushed to the spot and the repair work is on.
It is expected to take a few hours before the train services in the area are restored. (ANI)
- Maoists blow up rail track in Bihar - Mar 21, 2009
- Goods train derails, hit traffic (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Goods train derails in Bihar - Jan 08, 2011
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Train derails after Maoists blow up tracks in Bihar - Mar 23, 2010
- Maoists derail Rajdhani, train services hit hard (Afternoon Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Rail traffic disrupted in Bihar as wire falls on track - Jun 12, 2010
- Rajdhani derails after Maoists blast track, traffic disrupted (Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Maoist violence in Bihar - to protest Obama (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Railways announces reward for Maoist-hit Rajdhani crew - Mar 23, 2010
- Maoist rampage: station, bank torched, police camps raided - Jun 15, 2010
- Maoists attack railway tracks in four states on day two of shutdown - Mar 23, 2010
- Maoists blow up railway track in Bihar's Begusarai District - Dec 04, 2010
- Maoist blow up railway track in West Bengal - Apr 27, 2010