Maoists attack BJP leader Baliram Kashyap’s sons in Chhattisgarh villageSeptember 26th, 2009 - 8:56 pm ICT by ANI
Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh), Sep.26 (ANI): Maoist rebels on Saturday fired at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Bastar Lok Sabha MP Baliram Kashyap’ two sons Dinesh and Tansen at Bedaguda Village in Chhattisgarh’s Jagdalpur district.
While Tansen died on the spot, the other, Dinesh Kashyap, sustained serious injuries and is still struggling for life. The latter was rushed to Maharani Hospital in Jagdalpur, 47 kilometres away from the scene of the incident.
At least six Maoists, armed with bow and arrows, attacked the duo when they were offering family prayers at their village Bedaguda at 11 a.m on Saturday. They shot at the brothers from a close range.
“I saw four people running. He was shot at his back, head and in his arm, as Puja was being conducted in a temple,” said Manglu, an eyewitness.
Police have arrested one of the Maoist while the rest of them managed to escape.
Union Minister P. Chidambaram visited Chhattisgarh on Friday (Sep.25) and had reviewed the security here.
Chidambaram was here to visit the family members of an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer and a police constable who were killed in an attack by Maoist rebels in Rajnandgaon district of the State recently.
The two were amongst the 26 policemen killed by Maoist guerrillas in Madanwara forest area of Rajnandgaon district on July 12.
Chhattisgarh in the past few months has witnessed a lot of Maoist attacks with the State government seeking more forces and resources from the centre. (ANI)
- Maoists kill MP's son in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Sep 26, 2009
- Maoists shoot MP's sons in Chhattisgarh - Sep 26, 2009
- Chhattisgarh MP's son shot dead by Maoists (Second Lead) - Sep 26, 2009
- Maoists gun down Chhattisgarh MP's son (Fourth Lead) - Sep 26, 2009
- Maoists gun down Chhattisgarh MP's son (Third Lead) - Sep 26, 2009
- BJP wants an integrated plan to tackle Maoists - Oct 01, 2009
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Chhattisgarh seeks extra troopers for Bastar by-poll - Apr 25, 2011
- Rajnath advocates integrated plan to tackle Maoists - Sep 30, 2009
- Maoist strike hits Chhattisgarh - May 16, 2012
- Maoist killing of MP's son has Chhattisgarh leaders worried - Sep 27, 2009
- Maoists' shutdown call hits life in Chhattisgarh - Jul 30, 2012
- Bastar records 40 percent polling amid Maoist blasts, firing (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- In Maoist bastion of Bastar, 200 polling booths relocated - Apr 28, 2011
- BJP to step up campaigning in Bastar - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: bastar, bow and arrows, close range, dinesh, family prayers, forest area, indian police service, janata party, kilometres, Lok Sabha, maoist, maoist guerrillas, maoist rebels, maoists, offering family, p chidambaram, police constable, policemen, tansen, union minister