Manmohan Singh visits critically ill Jyoti BasuJanuary 7th, 2010 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Jan 7 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh visited the AMRI hospital in Salt Lake to see CPM leader and former West Bengal Chief Minister Jyoti Basu, whose health condition is still reported to be critical.
Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee also accompanied Dr. Singh to the nursing home and spent some time inquiring about Basu’s health.
Basu’s health condition deteriorated on Wednesday morning, following which he has been put on a ventilator for the last 24 hours.
There are reports that despite Basu’s condition critical, his blood pressure has stabilized.
Basu is being treated for pneumonia at the AMRI hospital in Salt Lake here.
The 95-year-old former West Bengal Chief Minister was kept under observation for the last three days in the ICU.
The veteran leader was admitted here on Friday following a severe chest infection.The doctors after conducting a proper check-up had earlier detected that he was suffering from slight pneumonia.
Earlier in July 2009, Basu was admitted to the hospital complaining of discomfort in the abdomen and a disturbed sleep. (ANI)
- Jyoti Basu put on ventilator as his condition deteriorates - Jan 06, 2010
- Improvement in Jyoti Basu's condition - Jan 03, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to visit critically ill Jyoti Basu - Jan 07, 2010
- Jyoti Basu still critical - Jan 11, 2010
- Jyoti Basu remains critical - Jan 08, 2010
- Critical Jyoti Basu undergoes haemo-dialysis - Jan 15, 2010
- Jyoti Basu's health condition worsens - Jan 10, 2010
- Jyoti Basu continues to be critical - Jan 14, 2010
- Jyoti Basu's condition stable; suffering from slight pneumonia - Jan 02, 2010
- No improvement in Jyoti Basu's condition - Jan 11, 2010
- Jyoti Basu's condition remains stable - Jan 09, 2010
- Jyoti Basu's condition deteriorates, oxygen requirement up (Lead) - Jan 14, 2010
- No improvement in Jyoti Basu's condition (Lead) - Jan 11, 2010
- Jyoti Basu showing signs of multi-organ failure: doctors (Lead) - Jan 15, 2010
- Very critical Jyoti Basu on maximum ventilator support (Second lead) - Jan 16, 2010
Tags: abdomen, chest infection, chief minister, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, health condition, jan 7, jyoti basu, kolkata, manmohan, manmohan singh, nursing home, pneumonia, pranab mukherjee, salt lake, union finance minister, ventilator, veteran leader, wednesday morning, west bengal