Manmohan Singh to take oath as PM todayMay 22nd, 2009 - 11:00 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 22 (ANI): Dr. Manmohan Singh will be sworn in as the Prime Minister for the second consecutive term on Friday evening along with his council of ministers.
The grand ceremony will take place in Ashoka Hall of the Rashtrapati Bhavan where President Pratibha Patil, administer the oath of office and secrecy to Dr. Singh and his council of ministers.
The swearing-in ceremony will commence at 6.30 p.m.
The first session of the newly constituted Lok Sabha was likely to begin from June 2, and was expected to continue till June 10. (ANI)
- 19 ministers to be sworn in - May 22, 2009
- 13 new ministers sworn in - Jul 12, 2011
- Manmohan Singh takes oath as PM along with 19 cabinet ministers - May 22, 2009
- Pranab Mukherjee sworn in as India's 13th president (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Ajit Singh sworn-in union minister - Dec 18, 2011
- Pradeep Kumar sworn in as CVC - Jul 14, 2011
- 59 new ministers inducted into Union cabinet - May 28, 2009
- Pranab Mukherjee is India's 13th president - Jul 25, 2012
- Presidential changeover with 'hazar salam', buggy ride - Jul 21, 2012
- Ajit Singh to be sworn in as minister Sunday - Dec 16, 2011
- Council of Ministers represents a bend of experience and energy: PM - May 28, 2009
- Patil to host dinner for Pranab, ministers Tuesday - Jul 23, 2012
- Nabam Tuki sworn in as Arunachal Pradesh CM - Nov 01, 2011
- Mukul Roy sworn in as cabinet minister (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Jayalalithaa sworn-in Tamil Nadu chief minister (Third Lead) - May 16, 2011
Tags: consecutive term, council of ministers, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, friday evening, grand ceremony, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, oath of office, president pratibha patil, prime minister, rashtrapati bhavan, secrecy, swearing in ceremony