Manmohan Singh to return home soonJanuary 31st, 2009 - 10:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 31, (ANI): The Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh is recovering very fast after a coronary by-pass surgery and he is expected to return home very soon.
According to the Prime Minister Office (PMO), Dr. Singh had a comfortable night and is going through an active daytime program of exercise and physiotherapy.
Doctors attending on Prime Minister at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) planned to complete a range of pre-discharge tests today.
One of the doctors attending Dr. Singh said that Prime Minister could not be discharged today because his condition was stable.
A decision to extend his stay in the hospital would be taken by the team of doctors led by his personal physician Dr. K.S. Reddy and Dr. Ramakant Panda.
Dr. Singh underwent a multiple bypass surgery at the AIIMS on last Saturday to remove five arterial blockages and is currently recuperating in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU). (ANI)
- PM to return home soon (Lead) - Jan 31, 2009
- PM will fully recover in three months: doctor - Mar 28, 2009
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- PM working more than what we recommend, says his personal physician - Feb 06, 2009
- Prime Minister to undergo pre-discharge tests today - Jan 31, 2009
- Panda justifies conducting bypass surgery on PM - May 28, 2009
- PM undergoes check-up, is hale and hearty - Sep 20, 2009
- Doctors to remove Prime Minister''s stitches today - Feb 08, 2009
- PM doing well, put on a regular diet - Jan 27, 2009
- PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to pay obeisance at Golden Temple today - Mar 23, 2009
- Tell how private doc was brought for PM's surgery, CIC to AIIMS - May 26, 2009
- PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, arterial blockages, bypass surgery, discharge tests, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, india institute, intensive care unit, last saturday, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, panda, personal physician, physiotherapy, pmo, pre discharge, prime minister office, ramakant