Manmohan Singh to preside over meet on inflationJanuary 11th, 2011 - 11:41 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 11 (ANI): The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, will on Tuesday preside over a meeting to tackle spiralling food prices and review food inflation, which has gone past 18 per cent.
Senior ministers including Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Food and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia are expected to attend the meeting.
Chairman of Prime Minister’s economic advisory council (PMEAC), C Rangarajan, and advisor to the finance ministry, Kaushik Basu, are also likely to attend the meeting.
Food inflation rose to 18.32 per cent for the week ended December 25, due to rise in prices of vegetables like onion, milk and meat.
Retail price of onion continues to rule high at Rs. 55-60 per kg in major parts of the country due to sluggish supply.
Producers in India’s biggest onion market at Nashik had stopped selling onions on Monday protesting I-T raids on them, a measure to crackdown on hoarding. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh holds meeting on price rise - Jan 11, 2011
- PM-led meet on price rise ends inconclusively (Second Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- PM to meet RBI Governor to discuss monetary measures to curb inflation - Jan 12, 2011
- Prime Minister meets top officials on curbing inflation - Oct 15, 2011
- PM begins meet over price rise (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Rising inflation: Pranab Mukherjee asks CMs to crack down on hoarders - Jan 07, 2011
- Pranab Mukherjee expresses concern over food inflation - Jan 06, 2011
- PM to preside over meet on inflation - Jan 11, 2011
- Government may announce measures to bring down prices - Jan 13, 2011
- Stop panicking about inflation, will announce steps: Mukherjee (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Mukherjee confident about controlling inflation - Jan 13, 2011
- PM meet on curbing prices inconclusive, another soon (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2011
- Government agonizes over ways to curb rising prices (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- High inflation remains a cause of concern: C Rangarajan - Jan 06, 2011
- PMEAC lowers 2012-13 GDP forecast to 6.7 percent - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: agriculture minister, c rangarajan, crackdown, deputy chairman, dr manmohan singh, economic advisory council, finance minister, finance ministry, food prices, inflation, kaushik basu, manmohan, manmohan singh, montek singh ahluwalia, New Delhi, onion, onions, planning commission, pranab mukherjee, sharad pawar