Manmohan Singh to leave for BRIC, SCO summits tomorrowJune 14th, 2009 - 2:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 14 (ANI): The Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, will travel to Yekatarinberg, Russia, on Monday for a three-day visit during which he will attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) and Brazil-Russia-India-China (BRIC) summits.
He is also expected to meet Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, marking the first top-level contact between India and Pakistan since the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai last year.
The main agenda of the two multilateral summits is expected to include the global financial crisis, terrorism and food security.
The Singh-Zardari meeting could lead to resumption of the suspended composite dialogue if both agree to it.
On Friday, Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon clearly stated that New Delhi wants a conducive atmosphere for the talks to restart. This includes Islamabad taking steps against terrorism emanating from its soil, he added. (ANI)
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrives in Yekaterinburg city - Jun 15, 2009
- PM to leave for Russia summits today - Jun 15, 2009
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Russia - Jun 15, 2009
- PM to leave for Russia summits on Monday - Jun 14, 2009
- Manmohan to meet Zardari in Russia - Jun 11, 2009
- Amid improving ties, Zardari to meet Manmohan, visit Ajmer (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Zardari likely to come on 'personal' visit to India (Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to meet Zardari in Russia today - Jun 16, 2009
- Pakistan wants full SCO membership - Jun 06, 2012
- Gilani to meet Manmohan on sidelines of NAM summit on July 16 : Pak FO - Jul 03, 2009
- It's official: Manmohan to meet Zardari in Russia - Jun 12, 2009
- Pakistan seeks full membership of Shanghai group - Jun 13, 2011
- Manmohan heads to Russia for two summits, set for Zardari meeting - Jun 14, 2009
- PM to Zardari: Do not allow use of Pak territory for terror against India - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan Singh keeps ` his distance' from Zardari at SCO summit - Jun 16, 2009
Tags: asif ali, composite dialogue, conducive atmosphere, dr manmohan singh, food security, global financial crisis, india and pakistan, india china, june 14, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister, resumption, russia, sco, shanghai cooperation organisation, soil, taking steps, terrorism