Manmohan Singh recovering fast following heart surgeryJanuary 27th, 2009 - 4:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 27 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh continues to maintain excellent progress following his heart surgery.
This morning, Dr Singh had breakfast with his wife and daughters. According to a statement from the Prime Minister’’s office, most of the tubes have been removed from his body and he is taking physiotherapy to enable him move at the earliest.
Dr. Singh is eager to resume work as early as possible. He has received countless messages from across the country and abroad for his speedy recovery.
He said he was deeply touched by their kind words to see him soon in fine health and full strength.
On Monday, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi visited the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). She spent about 15 minutes at the hospital and spoke to the family members of Dr Singh.
Dr. Singh underwent a multiple bypass surgery at the AIIMS on Saturday to remove five arterial blockages and is currently recuperating in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU). (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi visits PM at AIIMS - Jan 26, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to pay obeisance at Golden Temple today - Mar 23, 2009
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- PM makes steady progress, had breakfast with family (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- PM recuperating steadily, may be discharged this weekend - Jan 28, 2009
- PM continuing to recuperate steadily - Jan 29, 2009
- PM doing well, put on a regular diet - Jan 27, 2009
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- Prime Minister pays obeisance at Golden Temple - Mar 24, 2009
- Assam chief minister recovering after heart surgery (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to visit Amritsar on Monday - Mar 22, 2009
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh overwhelmed by peoples well wishes - Jan 26, 2009
Tags: 15 minutes, aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, arterial blockages, bypass surgery, chairperson, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, family members, full strength, heart surgery, india institute, intensive care unit, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister, sonia gandhi, speedy recovery, UPA