Manmohan Singh meets Kenyan PM Raila OdingaNovember 16th, 2010 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 16 (ANI): Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga, who is on a four-day visit to India, to discuss investment and economic cooperation with top political and business leaders, met Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh here on Tuesday.
Odinga arrived here on Sunday accompanied by Kenya’s Trade Minister Amos Kimunyato attend the meeting of the World Economic Forum.
During his visit, the Kenyan Premier is expected to meet Kenyans living and working in India.
India is an important economic partner of Kenya and is one of the top ten major trading partners.
Kenya ranks India as the sixth biggest source of imports, and 18th overall as a destination for exports.
India exports manufactured goods such as home appliances, industrial and farm machinery, pharmaceuticals, synthetic products, motor vehicles, dyed fabric, rice and aluminium hydroxide to Kenya.
Kenya, on its part, exports soda ash, fluorspar, diatomite, inorganic chemicals, precious and semi-precious stones, cashew nuts, pulses, wattle bark extract, dyeing, tanning and colouring material, hides and skins, steel and African handicrafts to India. (ANI)
- India, Kenya to discuss bilateral trade and investment - Oct 12, 2010
- Kenya eyes bilateral deals with China - Jul 17, 2012
- India, Kenya to strengthen partnership - Nov 17, 2010
- India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee meeting in Nairobi - Oct 12, 2010
- India to help Kenya revive its textile sector - Oct 14, 2010
- Kenya seeks India's help in setting up SEZs - Nov 29, 2010
- India, Africa should deepen relationship: Kenya PM - Nov 16, 2010
- Indian lessons for Kenyan bead weavers (With Image) - Jan 08, 2012
- Kenya football team lands $1.34 million sponsorship deal - Feb 22, 2012
- India asks Kenya to cut duties on textile imports - Mar 20, 2012
- Two Kenyan ministers among six killed in chopper crash (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Tata Chemicals starts $100-mn soda ash unit in Kenya - Nov 11, 2011
- Rain-triggered rockslide flattens Nairobi slum, killing 7 - Apr 05, 2012
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- Export Promotion Council to organise jewellery exhibition - Jul 04, 2010
Tags: african handicrafts, bark extract, dr manmohan singh, dyeing, economic cooperation, economic partner, farm machinery, hides and skins, home appliances, india india, inorganic chemicals, major trading partners, manmohan, manmohan singh, raila odinga, semi precious stones, soda ash, synthetic products, trade minister, world economic forum