Manmohan Singh meets Germen Chancellor Angela MerkelOctober 25th, 2008 - 4:03 pm ICT by ANI
By Naveen Kapoor
Beijing, Oct 25 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today called on German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the sidelines of the seventh two-day Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit in Beijing.
Diplomats say that the two exchanged views on issues ranging from bilateral ties to global financial turmoil.
Dr. Singh is also scheduled to call on Chinese President Hu Jintao.
The Prime Minister also had separate meeting with the leaders from across Europe and Asia who have descended on Beijing’’s Great Hall of the People on Friday for the ASEM.
The discussions during the two days, which involve 27 European Union member states and 16 Asian countries, are set to be a regimented march through an agenda covering economic cooperation, climate change and development.
The purpose of the biennial Asia-Europe meeting, launched 12 years ago, is to narrow the diplomatic distance between two continents accounting for 60 per cent of global output and two-thirds of world trade. (ANI)
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- Merkel concludes China visit - Feb 04, 2012
- Chinese president reaffirms support to Europe in debt crisis - Aug 31, 2012
- India to host ASEM foreign ministers' meet in 2013 - Jun 07, 2011
- ManmohManmohan meets heads of Italy, Vietnam in Beijingan meets heads of Italy, Vietnam in Beijing - Oct 24, 2008
- India to push for IMF reforms, discuss Libya at ASEM meet - Jun 06, 2011
- ASEM talks begin amid economic crisis - Oct 24, 2008
- Hope G20 can help end global economic crisis: PM - Jun 18, 2012
- Vice President Ansari to highlight menace of global terror at ASEM in Belgium - Oct 03, 2010
- ASEM summit to debate global financial crisis - Oct 23, 2008
- World economic recovery uneven, says Chinese Trade Minister - Apr 13, 2011
- Asian, European leaders discuss security, terrorism, piracy on final day of 8th ASEM - Oct 05, 2010
- India, Europe Union review bilateral relations in Brussels - Oct 04, 2010
- Vice President Ansari to attend 'Eight Asia-Europe Summit' at Brussels - Oct 01, 2010
- First Indo-German strategic dialogue during Merkel visit - May 27, 2011
Tags: angela merkel, asia europe, bilateral ties, chancellor angela merkel, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, climate change, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, economic cooperation, european union member states, german chancellor angela merkel, germen, global financial turmoil, global output, hu jintao, manmohan singh, president hu jintao, two continents, union member states