Manmohan Singh hosts private dinner for visiting Chinese PremierDecember 15th, 2010 - 10:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 15 (ANI): The Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, hosted a private dinner for the visiting Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao here today ahead of the delegation level talks scheduled for Thursday during which several agreements are expected to be signed between the two nations.
According to sources, the dinner was attended by a limited number of guests, including some senior cabinet ministers and some top officials.
There will be a ceremonial welcome for Premier Jiabao at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Thursday.
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna will later in the day call on Wen Jiabao at Hotel Taj Palace.
The Chinese Premier will meet the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, at around 11: 30 a.m. There would be delegation level talks later during which several agreements are expected to be signed between the two nations.
Wen Jiabao will be accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs Yang Jiechi; Minister of Culture Cai Wu; Minister for Transport Li Shenglin; Minister for Policy Planning and State Council Xie Wuzhan; Vice-Ministers; senior officials; and a large business delegation.
During the delegation-level talks, Dr. Singh would be assisted by Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, External Affairs Minister S. M. Krishna, Union Human Resource and Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal, Union Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma, Union Water Resources Minister Meira Kumar, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Jyotiraditya Scindia, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister T K A Nair, National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao, Indian Ambassador in Beijing, Gautam Bambawale, and other senior officials.
After his meeting with Dr. Manmohan Singh, Premier Jiabao would be addressing the Indian Council for World Affairs at Sapru House on India-China relations.
Later, the visiting dignitary will call on Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari. He is also expected to meet Congress President Sonia Gandhi around 5: 05 p.m. on Thursday.
Wen Jiabao will call on President Pratibha Devisingh Patil on Thursday evening, and later attend the closing event of the Chinese Festival in India to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two sides.
Sushma Swaraj, the leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, will call on the Chinese Premier at 10: 00 a.m. on Friday.
Wen Jiabao will emplane for Islamabad at 11: a.m. the same day. (ANI)
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrives in Delhi - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese Premier to arrive in India today - Dec 15, 2010
- 'China has high expectations from Premier Wen's India visit' - Dec 15, 2010
- Foreign Minister Krishna says growth of China and India complementary not competitive - Nov 01, 2010
- PM hosts dinner for Wen, airs concerns over stapled visas - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese Premier Wen says his India visit will promote friendship - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese premier arrives in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Wen Jiabao lays wreath at Gandhi's memorial in Delhi - Dec 16, 2010
- Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visit - Jan 24, 2011
- Chinese premier arrives in India (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Karzai to visit India from Monday - Apr 24, 2010
- Manmohan Singh expects defence exchanges with China to continue - Apr 17, 2011
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Wen Jiabao - Dec 17, 2010
- Manmohan, Wen begin delegation level talks - Dec 16, 2010
- Krishna meets China's would-be PM - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: anand sharma, business delegation, ceremonial welcome, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, external affairs minister, hotel taj palace, hrd minister, indian ambassador, kapil sibal, manmohan singh, meira kumar, minister of foreign affairs, national security advisor, nirupama rao, president mohammad, private dinner, rashtrapati bhavan, union finance minister, vice ministers