Manmohan Singh grants Rs 95 crore package for Viswa-Bharati UniversityDecember 6th, 2008 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Dec 6 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has announced Rs. 95 crore package for the infrastructure development of Kolkatas Viswa-Bharati University.
The Prime Minister announced the package while addressing the 37th convocation of Viswa-Bharati University in Santiniketan in Birbhum district of Kolkata today.
He said the government would strive to ensure that all Indians get a chance to complete his education.
Dr. Singh also said that the government would do everything possible to build the education infrastructure in the country.
The government would prioritize education among all sectors for human development, he added. (ANI)
- Viswa-Bharati shocker: PMO seeks report, earden gets bail (Roundup) - Jul 09, 2012
- Viswa-Bharati row: Warden gets bail, court censures police (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- 'Hopeful of Viswa-Bharati getting world heritage status' - Jan 14, 2011
- Distinguished panel to oversee Tagore's 150th anniversary event: PM - Jan 16, 2010
- President Patil to visit Visva Bharati Tuesday - Nov 28, 2011
- Replicas of Tagore's houseboats to be given to Indian varsities - Sep 08, 2012
- Intelligentsia condemns Viswa-Bharati incident - Jul 10, 2012
- Bengal pays homage to Tagore, Mamata hums poet's songs - Aug 08, 2011
- Bengal pays tributes to Tagore, Mamata hums poet's songs (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Tripura's special package for Muslims - May 23, 2012
- India, Bangladesh announce joint Tagore celebrations - Apr 07, 2011
- PM to visit Kashmir to announce jobs package for youth - Mar 03, 2011
- Vishva-Bharati row: Court issues contempt notice against PM, others - Jul 13, 2012
- Police use force to end Visva-Bharati chief's confinement - Jul 18, 2010
- One-man panel to probe Visva Bharati corruption charges - Jan 03, 2010
Tags: bharati, convocation, crore, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, education infrastructure, grants, indians, infrastructure development, kolkata, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister, santiniketan, sectors, viswa bharati university