Manmohan Singh gets unique greetings from artistsMay 22nd, 2009 - 7:26 pm ICT by ANI
Allahabad/Ludhiana, May 22 (ANI): As Dr. Manmohan Singh gets ready for his second term as Prime Minister, artists have greeted him in their own unique way.
A youth from Allahabad city has built a sand sculpture of Dr. Singh at Sangam on the banks of the river Ganga.
“On the banks of the holy river Ganga, I have built sand sculpture of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. As he will take oath today, I am expressing my happiness in a creative way,” said Rajkapoor Chetera, Sand Artist.
The sculpture has been built at Sangam, union of three of the holiest rivers - Ganga, Yamuna and the mythical Saraswati.
In Ludhiana, another artist has created wax statue of Dr. Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi to greet them on their resounding electoral win.
“We feel proud that a person like Manmohan Singh who is an economist, an honest person, dedicated and a visionary is working whole heartedly for the country’s progress,” said Chander Shekhar Prabhakar, the wax artist.
Elated that Dr. Singh will continue his second term, Prabhakar distributed sweets among his relatives and friends.
He also offered sweets to the statues. (ANI)
- On Kartik Purnima, thousands take holy dip - Nov 10, 2011
- Fans celebrate Amitabh Bachchan's 68th birthday across the country - Oct 11, 2010
- M.F. Husain's sand sculpture destroyed in Allahabad - Jun 10, 2011
- 68 sand sculptures to mark Big B's birthday in Allahabad - Oct 11, 2010
- Save Yamuna campaign: March reaches Vrindavan - Apr 05, 2011
- Devotees throng Shiva temples, celebrate 'Shravan' - Jul 16, 2011
- Orissa sand artist creates sculpture of Obama ahead of his India visit - Nov 05, 2010
- Sea of pilgrims throng Sangam as Magh Mela begins - Dec 31, 2009
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Magh Mela begins with sea of pilgrims at Sangam (Lead) - Dec 31, 2009
- Artist to make 1,500-ft Sachin painting - Apr 19, 2011
- People in Allahabad salute 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks martyrs - Nov 25, 2009
- Tussauds in Ludhiana - Dec 01, 2008
- Devotees celebrate Kartik Purnima across India - Nov 21, 2010
- Kasab 'hanged' along the banks of Ganga in Allahabad - Nov 26, 2009
Tags: banks of the river, congress president sonia gandhi, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, honest person, ludhiana, manmohan, manmohan singh, mythical saraswati, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, river ganga, sand sculpture, sangam, second term, shekhar, statues, sweets, visionary, yamuna