Manmohan Singh eager to resume office earlyJanuary 26th, 2009 - 3:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 26 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh continues to make excellent progress in his recovery following the 11 hour long heart surgery performed on him on Saturday.
According to reports, he sat up this morning and had some semi-solid food. Several of his invasive monitoring lines have been removed and physiotherapy is being given to enable early mobilisation.
Dr Manmohan Singh is regularly conversing with his family and doctors.
According to Dr K S Reddy, personal physician to the Prime Minister, Singh will be fit enough to resume some part of his duties within four weeks.
The Prime Minister, himself is eager to resume work as early as possible.
Dr. Singh was admitted in the All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Saturday, where an angiography-X-ray examination of the blood vessels was conducted on him. He also underwent several blood chemistry tests, CT scan and ECG, which confirmed arterial blockages in his heart.
He missed the Republic Day parade and opted for an immediate surgery, as he wanted to be ready and fully active well before the elections.
Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, was taken off ventilator support on Sunday morning and has been continuously recovering well since. (ANI)
- PM fit to resume work - Feb 22, 2009
- PM taken off ventilator, talks to his family - Jan 25, 2009
- Doctors to remove Prime Minister''s stitches today - Feb 08, 2009
- Prime Minister will be absent in the Republic day parade - Jan 23, 2009
- Manmohan Singh recovering fast following heart surgery - Jan 27, 2009
- Latest scan can tell need for bypass - Aug 29, 2012
- PM making great progress, wants to resume work (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2009
- Assam chief minister recovering after heart surgery (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- After marathon heart surgery 'PM stable and conscious': head of surgery team - Jan 25, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- Gilani sends bouquet to Manmohan, wishes good luck for his health - Jan 22, 2009
- PM making steady progress, put on semi-solid diet (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 30, 2010
- Jyoti Basu - his last days in hospital - Jan 17, 2010
Tags: aiims, angiography, arterial blockages, blood chemistry, chemistry tests, ct scan, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, ecg, heart surgery, india institute, manmohan, manmohan singh, medical sciences, personal physician, ray examination, republic day, solid food, ventilator support, x ray