Manmohan Singh condoles loss of lives in Myanmar earthquakeMarch 26th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 26(ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Saturday condoled the loss of lives in the 7.0-magnitude earthquake in Myanmar and offered assistance to the government.
In his condolence message to General Than Shwe, Chairman of the State Peace and Development Council of Myanmar, Dr. Singh said that India stands ready to render assistance that your government may require.
“I am deeply saddened to learn of the severe earthquake that struck Myanmar on March 24, causing loss of lives and damage to property. On behalf of the people and government of India, I convey my heartfelt condolences to the people and Government of Myanmar on this tragic natural disaster,” Dr. Singh said in the message.
“I take this opportunity to convey, through Your Excellency our deepest sympathies to members of the bereaved families and others affected by the earthquake.”
“As your Government rallies to provide relief and other assistance to people in the earthquake affected region, I would like to assure you that India stands ready to render any assistance that your government may require of us,” he added.
According to the latest death toll released by the authorities, 73 people were killed and 125 others were injured in Thursday’s quake.
A total of 225 residential houses, 11 monasteries and nine government department buildings were destroyed in the mainly affected areas of Tachileik, Tarlay, Naryaung, Kyatkuni and Monglin. (ANI)
- PM condoles deaths in Myanmar quake, offers help - Mar 26, 2011
- India provides assistance of US one million dollar to Myanmar for earthquake relief - Mar 29, 2011
- Prime Minister expresses grief over loss of lives in China earthquake - Apr 15, 2010
- PM condoles loss of life in Japan earthquake, offers help - Mar 11, 2011
- India promises $1 million for Myanmar quake relief - Mar 29, 2011
- Over 25 dead as 6.8-magnitude quake strikes Myanmar - Mar 25, 2011
- India offers help to quake-hit Myanmar - Mar 26, 2011
- India conveys deep condolences, offers assistance to quake-hit Myanmar - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan offers China assistance for quake-hit - Apr 15, 2010
- Japan thanks India for tsunami-related aid - Mar 24, 2011
- Manmohan meets Hu, offers quake aid (Lead) - Apr 15, 2010
- India offers help to tsunami-hit Japan (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of life and property in conversation with Japan PM - Mar 24, 2011
- US ready to aid Iran in quake relief - Aug 13, 2012
- PM visits Japanese embassy, offers Indian assistance - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: bereaved families, condolence message, death toll, deepest sympathies, department buildings, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, government department, government of india, government of myanmar, government rallies, heartfelt condolences, magnitude earthquake, manmohan, manmohan singh, monasteries, natural disaster, New Delhi, residential houses, state peace