Manmohan Singh announces 1,000 crore aid to KarnatakaOctober 10th, 2009 - 6:24 pm ICT by ANI
Raichur (Karnataka), Oct 10 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday announced Rs. 1,000 crore package for the flood hit regions of Karnataka.
After conducting an aerial survey of the five flood hit districts of Raichur, Koppal, Gulbarga, Bagalkot and Bijapur, Singh held a meeting with State Chief Minster B.S Yeddyurappa, Revenue Minster G Karunakar Reddy and others to review the relief activities.
Meanwhile, the padyatra initiated by Yeddyurappa to raise fund for the flood-affected people has entered the fourth day. The amount collected till Friday had crossed Rs. 700 crore.
On Friday, Prime Minister announced Rs. 1,000 crore help towards flood relief activities in Andhra Pradesh.
Manmohan Singh has described the flood devastation in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka as a national calamity. (ANI)
- Rain spreads havoc in Karnataka, claims 88 lives - Oct 02, 2009
- PM winds up survey of flood-hit Karnataka, Andhra; announces Rs.2,000 cr relief (Roundup, with images) - Oct 10, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to visit flood-hit Raichur today - Oct 10, 2009
- PM grants Rs.1,000 crore relief to flood-hit Karnataka (Lead, Changing Dateline)(With Images) - Oct 10, 2009
- Choppers, boats rescue flood-hit in Karntaka, toll 71 - Oct 02, 2009
- PM to make aerial survey of flood affected Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka - Oct 08, 2009
- Respite in rain-hit Karnataka and Andhra, toll 190 (Roundup) - Oct 03, 2009
- Rain deaths mount in Karnataka, Andhra; Army, air force begin rescue (Roundup) - Oct 02, 2009
- PM makes aerial survey of flood-hit Kurnool, Mahabubnagar - Oct 10, 2009
- Centre to release 1,000 crore as flood relief for Andhra Pradesh: Manmohan Singh - Oct 09, 2009
- Some respite from rain in flood-hit north Karnataka, toll 170 - Oct 04, 2009
- PM to conduct aerial survey of flood-hit Andhra Pradesh today - Oct 09, 2009
- PM grants Rs.1,000 crore relief for flood-hit Karnataka - Oct 10, 2009
- Yeddyurappa-led delegation meets PM, demands special status for Hyderabad-Karnataka - Mar 21, 2011
- Rescue efforts on as flood toll in Karnataka rises to over 130 - Oct 03, 2009
Tags: aerial survey, andhra pradesh, bagalkot, bijapur, flood devastation, flood relief, manmohan, manmohan singh, minster, national calamity, prime minister manmohan singh, raichur, rs 1, state chief