Manipuri students meet Home Minister Shivraj PatilNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:17 am ICT by admin
The purpose of the tour is to acquaint the students with how various parts of the country are benefiting from India’s economic boom.
“Basically the aim of the tour is to get the exposure to the youths of Manipur to know the culture and heritage of India and interact with people of other state,” said Captain Mahesh Karki, officer in charge.
“We want a change the situation that is prevailing here. The tour has made me realise the difference in situation in these two places,” said Nirai Kshetermagum, a student.
The students, studying in higher secondary standards, come from far-flung areas of the Manipur and being in a totally different ambience of the national capital is providing them a very unique experience. They are quite upbeat and enthusiastic about their tour to know about the people and culture of north India. (ANI)
- Kashmiri students on 'mission' to know India meet Chidambaram - Feb 10, 2012
- Manipur promotes unity, oneness through Imphal national integration camp - Dec 07, 2010
- Fear in Manipur after outsiders told to quite state - Sep 07, 2012
- Saudi youth get a feel of India's software power - Mar 28, 2012
- Northeast artistes hold audience spellbound at Dill Haat - Oct 18, 2010
- Manipuris take out peace rally to protest Naga students' blockade in Guwahati - May 11, 2010
- Meitei Manipuris celebrate Lai Haraoba in Tripura - Dec 22, 2009
- Tamil Nadu gear up for Manipur Challenge in Santosh Trophy semis - May 25, 2012
- Northeast students protest Manipuri student's death (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Mizoram to launch copter service in remote areas - Aug 02, 2012
- North East craft persons showcase their work at IITF 2010 - Dec 04, 2010
- A generation that wants to 'know the Mahatma' - Oct 02, 2011
- Manipur students promote integration - Dec 13, 2010
- Youths participate in Nagaland integration camp - Oct 27, 2010
- NE states ask governments to ensure safety of their people - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: acquaint, aim, ambience, benefiting, economic boom, enthusiastic, half an hour, heritage of india, home minister, mahesh, manipur, manipuri, north india, patil, realise, secondary standards, upbeat