Manipur youth train to acquire vocational skillsApril 12th, 2011 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
Imphal, Apr 12 (ANI): In order to improve the vocational skills of youth in Manipur and increase their chance of finding suitable jobs, the Central Government recently launched a skill promotion project in the state. Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Ajay Maken recently inaugurated the youth employability skill project here to improve the chances of youth finding jobs both locally and outside the northeastern region.
The project has been launched keeping in view Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s vision of 500 million certified and skilled persons by the year, 2022 throughout the country.It is co-partnered by the National Skill Development Corporation. Linkages with financial institutions and industry partners are the hallmark of this unique initiative.Welcoming the initiative, youths of the state said it is a great opportunity for us
“They are doing it for the youth of Manipur. So I am so happy that Sports Minister came to Manipur and launched this project. This is a great opportunity for us,” Ningthoingambi.
“This is a great chance for Manipur because there are so many unemployed youth in Manipur. And under this project they can get jobs under National Skill Development Corporation. So we are happy to get such a training program,” said Kirankumar. On April 6, Maken launched another project under the banner of Awareness Generation and Education for Prevention of Drug Abuse and Alcoholism in Churachandpur.
The project is a joint initiative of Nehru Yuva Kendra and the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. It has been started first in Manipur and will later be introduced in other northeastern states. (ANI)
- Wadhwani Foundation to train physically challenged - Aug 07, 2012
- '14 million job seekers to move out of northeast by 2021' - Jan 23, 2012
- India firm on Tipaimukh project - amid concerns across border - Jul 10, 2011
- 100,000 skilled workers to join tourism sector - Jul 05, 2012
- Telecom facilities to be raised in northeast to spur growth - Jun 18, 2012
- Scattered Mizos must live in unity, says Lal Thanhawla - Dec 12, 2011
- Vocational training for 1 mn Indians with Swiss help - Nov 07, 2011
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
- Over 1,000 Kashmiri youths offered jobs - Dec 17, 2011
- Maken outlines programmes for youth, sports development in North Eastern states - Feb 04, 2011
- Employment plan rolled out for job-starved Kashmiri youth (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- BJP-led MCD developed culture of earning money: Maken - Apr 11, 2012
- Players should put country first, says Maken - Jun 22, 2012
- Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneurs - Feb 01, 2012
- Indian migrant workers to get skills training - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: awareness generation, drug abuse and alcoholism, financial institutions, finding jobs, industry partners, manmohan singh, nehru yuva kendra, northeastern region, northeastern states, prevention of drug abuse, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, promotion project, s vision, skill project, skilled persons, unemployed youth, union minister, youth employability, yuva