Mangalore pub attack against Indian ethos: AdvaniFebruary 28th, 2009 - 7:11 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Feb 28 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L. K. Advani on Saturday condemned the attack on young women at Mangalore pub by Sri Ram Sena, terming it a violation of Indian ethos.
I strongly condemn the attack on girls in Mangalore. There can be no compromise on this. It is wrong and against Indian culture and ethos, Advani said.
People were entitled to have different perspectives on whether young men and women should visit pubs, but attacking them was wrong, he added.
Last month, members of a right wing Hindu group allegedly assaulted girls in a Mangalore pub accusing them of behaving in an obscene manner.
After the attack, 27 members of the outfit were arrested including its chief Pramod Muthalik.
Union Minister Renuka Chowdhury had criticized the state government on its failure to prevent attempts to Talibanise the country and sent a three-member team, led by NCW member Vanktesh, to probe the case.
Chowdhury, however, sacked Vanktesh, saying her conduct was detrimental to public interest. (ANI)
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Renuka Chowdhury sacks NCW member over Mangalore assault probe - Feb 27, 2009
- Nirmala Venkatesh was a flaw in the system: Renuka Chowdhury - Feb 28, 2009
- Mangalore pub attack 'against Indian culture' - Feb 28, 2009
- Court notice politically motivated: Renuka Chowdhury - Feb 17, 2009
- Renuka criticizes Karnataka government on pub assault incident - Jan 26, 2009
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Yeddyurappa answerable for Mangalore attack, says Renuka Chowdhary (Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Court denies bail to Shri Ram Sena chief - Jan 30, 2009
- Women and Child Development Ministry team sent to Mangalore for pub attack case - Feb 01, 2009
- Mangalore pub's licence should be cancelled: NCW - Jan 31, 2009
Tags: bangalore, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, compromise, different perspectives, hindu group, indian culture, l k advani, member team, men and women, pramod, public interest, pubs, renuka chowdhury, right wing, sri ram, state government, union minister, young men, young women